Steve (sdh2903)

Aim mxs info thread

Steve (sdh2903)

I haven't tried uploading yours yet. But when I send the configuration through it just sends the customised ones in racestudio. So at present I've got the front page like the one above then a 2nd page of secondary sensor readouts.

Chris King - Webmaster

OK, that's fine. Busy creating a few defaults so you can select a different background an layout from the list - then I'll set about moving things to suit :t-up:

Deanspoors

Is this dash IVA friendly, i.e. does it have a tamper proof tachometer?

Chris King - Webmaster

Yep. 

Rednop1

Whats the price saving doing it this way making your own loom and so on, over just purchasing a ready to fit item from westfield ?

Chris King - Webmaster

Depends on how much you can get the Dash for but can be over £300 saving for dash (no sensors)

Steve (sdh2903)

Yep bout the same for me. Although I bought a solid state oil pressure sender which was a tad more expensive than a standard one.

All in all I bought the dash. Oil pressure sender and an msa roll bar and I was still 150 quid better off than buying just the dash kit from westfield and I got it next day rather than weeks from WF. 

Although on the flip side I've had probably 10 hours of my time fiddling getting it all wired and working correctly and a couple of quid for resistors. But I've learnt a fair bit along the way getting it sorted.

Deanspoors
On 14/03/2017 at 09:11, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Depends on how much you can get the Dash for ...

Hi Chris, can you mention your source? :)

Chris King - Webmaster

It's alive!

IMG_1207.JPG

got one of my custom config up ok including a bespoke background and large mph. However the file format used the wrong colour index so looked pants. Will try again and upload pics once right 

• Like 2

Chris King - Webmaster

Busy wiring up now so need some info. 

Can you use a magnetic speedo sensor (2wire) instead of Hall effect (3 wire)?

emailed Aim but no reply. 

Also how do you wire in a single indicator warning? Currently got two but dash only has one (road icons)

Steve (sdh2903)

Not sure on the Speedo sensor I'm using a 3 wire hall effect. 

Don't think you will be able to split the indicators as it is only one led behind the icon I think? I went for the non street icon version so I could play around with what I used the lights for.

Chris King - Webmaster

I don't want to split them, rather join them. Just not sure if it's just a case of splicing two indicators together for one tell-tale or does that have a knock on effect?

The dash indicator isn't essential though as my new mirrors have built in indicators that can be seen and I have a BlinkStop fitted. 

Wil play with the speedo at the weekend and see what it does - unless Aim get back to me.

Chris King - Webmaster

Another thing.

do you need all the GND wires connected to ground on the loom?

Steve (sdh2903)

Ah ok got you now. You should be able to splice the 2 wires from the indicator warnings although you will probably need to fit diodes before the splice join to prevent it from back feeding the opposite side.

Steve (sdh2903)

No. I just earthed the main earth wire. Then used the analogue gnds for any sensors that needed it.