New series of Top Gear

TAFKARM

Extra special tosh. Wish I'd self-harmed instead. When will I learn to not watch it.

16 hours ago, shrops-paul said:

Hmmm. New Aston isn't a winner in my eyes. Looks awful. And £150k??  I don't think so. 

As usual, they are very closely styled to a Jaguar model, just look at the rear of the F type.

The easiest way to sum up 'new' TG is how I watch it now. An hour of telly, recorded and at least 50% on fast forward. How they have managed to drag out the star interview, one of the weakest parts of clarkson era TG, into what feels like almost half the show is incredible. Perhapse thats the answer - return to when TG was only 30 mins long and on every week, almost all year, rather than 6 times a year.

• Like 1

I watch TG the same way as shrops-paul--recorded and fast forwarded on many bits otherwise I would fall asleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Got me at the "fat guy" department...

Result..!

Loved that ford. Stunning. Although I scoffed at the price until they said they'd already been sold. Shows what I know!!

I don't see what's not to like about the new Top Gear, it's a million times better than Grand Tour and I think the presenters are doing a good job. 

I agree it feels like the celebrity interview is dragged out out a bit too long but that depends on the guest as well. 

• Like 2

Best one yet, actually enjoyed that one and having an interesting guest like Hoy makes a big difference as the interview was actually watchable.

It's funny that most of the time they don't look they're going particularly fast from the external cameras but you could see he was properly on the limit on his lap. Awesome driving in a proper car as well.  As I said before I don't see what's not to like if you have an interest in cars