New series of Top Gear

TAFKARM

I agree it was a refreshing change. I think it will improve with time. The original trio weren't brilliant on day one. 

'Celebrities' that get to do their laps in the wet are in for a baptism of RWD if they aren't well skilled already...  Makes a nice change from humdrum FWD cars.

Challenge was fantastic, not too stupid. That Volvo sure took a knock, with hardly a scratch on the MB.

Thought the film section was poorly done, didn't show Chris Harris in a good light, made him look like an anorak.

Looking forward to next show, definitely better than last few years of Clarkson et al, and TGT.

Just viewed , thought it was mildly entertaining but mostly painful . nothing new to see , the same old script  had me  looking for groundhogs all the way through .

the only refreshing bit where the new faces , enjoyed the banter .

I thought it was OK. The SIARPC was always the moment I put the kettle on BUT as we now have a RWD car I'll be back on the sofa for the actual lap.

I think the chemistry will come but it ain't there yet. Timing was off BUT Harris and Internet boy aren't comedians whereas that's where LeBlanc cut his teeth. And even that sentence tells a story. "Internet boy"... don't know his name, don't care. He could be almost anyone.

I'll be watching but my reasoning is slightly different. In the last series, on the trip to the South of France, LeBlanc took a 1500 Gold Wing. That's a big old lump. You can't just jump on one of those after a day's training so he earned my respect there. I've been riding BMW 1100/1200 tourers for nigh on 3 decades and the thought of driving a big 'Wing to the SoF would make me pause. Not for long mind, but I'd want a coffee and a moment to gather myself before throwing a leg over one and sodding of to the Cote d'Azure...

Harris an Anorak? yes he is, but a damn funny one as well, just love his enthusiasm for all things petrol powered.     The series started out well so I'll be watching.

Not as good as last weeks but still enjoyable 

I need an alfa Giulia in my life :love:

Yes I know it will depreciate like a rock, fall apart, have electrical issues etc but my word what a lovely looking thing.

@sdh2903  buy a nice poster for your garage wall.  It will depreciate less, shouldn't fall apart for a few years and won't have any electrical issues.

It will never get the feel of the old team but without Chris Evans who just tried too hard it is better. The black guy doesn't seem to be getting too much in the way of action at the moment as Harris and Le Blanc did the challenge as a pair.

Having said that given a choice of TG or call the midwife it was an easy way to spend an hour. What no one can deny is the cinematography is still world class whoever is on the credits.

7 hours ago, sdh2903 said:

I need an alfa Giulia in my life :love:

Yes I know it will depreciate like a rock, fall apart, have electrical issues etc but my word what a lovely looking thing.

I'm on my third Alfa, a 156 Sportwagon that I had for nearly 10 years, Guilietta, and now a second Guilietta. Can't fault them. The Sportwagon did the big ends on the way back from test driving the Guilietta, but it had done 100,000 miles and must have known I was swapping cars. When I got the second Guilietta, there was nothing I liked that was in my price range, I couldn't come down to a Focus or Astra.

Similar houghts to Robin, I have had an Alfa Brera for the last two years and all I have done is change the oil & fillter and fit some front brake pads. Had a Astra previously and just wanted something different from the usual German stuff and other boring euro cars. I cannot watch TopGear , why Americans dont they control enough of our lives already, what was the point of attempting to continually drive the lovely Giulia through a hole in a wall and breaking the screen as well as other untold damage.

I miss TopGear's polital incorrectness and freedom of expression .

I thought it was utter tosh. Wish I'd used that hour of my life to paint my nails instead.

The Alfa is a beaut though. 

Hmmm. New Aston isn't a winner in my eyes. Looks awful. And £150k??  I don't think so.