Sign in to follow this  
Nick - Joint North East AO

Plastic seat belt guides rear seat bulkhead

Hi, does anyone know where to get the plastic covers that the seat belts feed through on the rear bulkhead behind the seats. Need 4 off. Thanks

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Thanks Stuart, would certainly do the job, unfortunately they are out of stock at moment !! But great find.

John (Kernow)

I needed these a few weeks ago as well. The one place I forgot to try was Westfield and they had them in stock and were about £5 for two a bargain!! John

• Like 1

Simon Marks - North Oxfordshire AO

Hi, All,

Those certainly look like the covers that came with my kit.  I found I had to make aluminium backing plates to bolt them through the seat back to get everything to sit neatly and tidily in the car.

If it were possible to find escutcheons with a deeper opening, that would be useful as I had to dismantle mine every time I wanted to replace the seatbelts - as I had to do (twice) at IVA time to replace the low back buckets with high back, type approved items (and back again).  There is insufficient depth for the retaining plate and loop of belt to fit through the Westfield supplied items.

Simon

stephenh

I'm facing the task of fitting mine in the next few days. However, looking at the levels I will probably run the outer strap of each belt set over the top of the rear bulkhead, just under the clamshell leading edge, so will only face the task of fitting one escutcheon each side.

21 hours ago, Kernow said:

I needed these a few weeks ago as well. The one place I forgot to try was Westfield and they had them in stock and were about £5 for two a bargain!! John

Thanks John, a quick call today confirmed they had 4 in stock and they are hopefully on there way to me as I post. Should be job sorted.

jonjh1964
On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 13:28, stephenh said:

I'm facing the task of fitting mine in the next few days. However, looking at the levels I will probably run the outer strap of each belt set over the top of the rear bulkhead, just under the clamshell leading edge, so will only face the task of fitting one escutcheon each side.

Stephen, Si Richards tried this and it was one of his failures at 1st IVA http://www.dogs-agility.com/westy_11_build_.htm  see 08/09/2016

stephenh

Mark Walker said it would be fine, but then again some of the IVA testers seem to have ideas of their own, which don't appear in the IVA manual. If you opted for the bench seat option (I'm not sure if it is even available now) then it is impossible to fit the seatbelts any other way than between the bulkhead and clamshell.