Great Northern Weekend Tour (All Areas) - 5th/6th August

Onliest Smeg David

:ww:This is an ALL AREAs invite from Manchester to go on a roadtrip, meeting in Moffat, Dumfrieshire. :ww:

Please spread the word and let us see if we can make this a successful adventure!

Manchester Area - SATURDAY route will be up through the Western Dales and Lake District then around Galloway Forrest to Moffat. (route tbc) Then SUNDAY around Ettrick and back down through Kielder, Pennines and Eastern Dales. Knackered but happy after two long days Westieing. :cool:

You are welcome to join up with our route or organise your own clans to make your own way there.

I have provisionally booked 2 B&B's (5 mins walk, within few hundred meters of each other) accommodation 8 rooms (of singles/twins/double/triples) for 16 people (or 17 people including up to 5 couples). This works out at an average of £42 per person if rooms full. I will give Manchester Area first shout on rooms then on a first confirmation basis. Both have private Parking. Once (or if) these are filled then you'll need to book own B&B, of which currently there are still plenty with availability.

On the Saturday evening I will book a table in Moffat for us all to eat together.

Please post confirmed intentions to come along by end of JUNE and if you want to share a room with someone else who is coming. PLEASE let me know asap. As I have already been contacted about which bookings I want to keep (don't think they appreciate so many rooms being booked without names, by one person) !

I will then divvy up accommodation, confirm bookings, collect B&B payments via paypal gift, book table for meal and update this post with any further details.

:yellow-westy::db-westy::orange-westy::black-westy::dg-westy::yellow-westy::silver-westy::lb-westy::white-westy::westy::purple-westy::yellow-westy:

The Definite's for venture:

David Richings - Onliest Smeg & Wendy Richings - onliest tigger

John Williams - Panda & Louise Williams - Mrs Panda

Adam Read - AdamR

Wayne Shepherd - W Shep

Brad + 1 - Bigskybrad

Chris + friend

Terry Barber

• Like 3

Good shout, Dave! I'll share this with the Clan at our next meeting and let you know of any interest :t-up:

Likewise will mention to the North East posse to see if we can join in.

I'd say at the very least we'll probably be up for a blat as you will be passing through part of our usual playground  :d

Can't commit to the dates yet but I'll most likely join. Probably be much later so I'll probably chance it and find accommodation nearer the time 

No problem Chris,  keep in loop.

18 hours ago, RussH said:

Need to check on dates etc but this sounds ace. 

Brill if you can make it,

& drag along others from your way - New York London Paris Munich :p

• 2 weeks later...

Back into prominence!

I know weekends can quickly book up, so I'll keep promoting even though it's a fair way off. :ww:

Will be great to have you and your area on board Geoffrey :yes:

• 4 weeks later...

Roll up Roll up!

Only 3 Westfields definite / 3 Westfield maybe

Surely there's more of you up for this  ??? ?

Defo some interest from our lot - but more of a join in on your return leg rather than a stop over.

So if the weather is good, you will see us!

Spoke to a few at Stoneleigh who expressed a potential interest - so A BIG BUMP

Let us fill the B&Bs (plenty of space still available)

ALL :ww:

(Edit: Another Funster confirmed for trip - leaving 4 places in first B&B (1 Double & 1 Twin) and 5 places in second overflow B&B)

• Like 1

Another bump and a question... How early is the Saturday start time likely to be? Got a wedding the night before, at which I will thoroughly be encouraged to get absolutely smashed :laugh:

May be 9ish from Rammy, but 'TBC' :)

The earlier the more 'twisties' :d

I'll call you when back from Bonnie Scottie Land 

• Like 1