Adge's Sport 250 build

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

Hello all, afraid the time has come for me to start my threatened build thread!!

After a crack of dawn start (for me anyway) arrived at Kingswinford. Spent a very enjoyable and informative three hours or so with Ian and the rest of the crew. Van expertly loaded by Ian, didn't move an inch on the return journey. Had a good look at the cars in build and took loads of photos, including a lot of the factory 250 which Ian was kind enough to raise on the ramp so that I could have a good poke about and photo all things hidden when it's on th ground.

Obligatory shot of bits in the van.

image.jpeg

Quick offload of all the bits and boxes, and my garage/workshop is pretty full, (I admire any body who builds in a single garage), then take the van back.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegNext step, to sort through all the boxes and bits, unwrap the bodywork and store things in a semi logical order.

Not had chance to do any sorting today, "the boss" had new flooring laid in the kitchen, therefore my day was spent disconnecting/reconnecing white goods. Shortening plinths, refitting doors (why is it never straightforward, or is it just me!) and all the other unforeseen things that these "quick" jobs seem to involve!

I'm told the days my own tomorrow! after we take the dogs for run a on the soggy Somerset levels (weather permitting). So the the sorting can commence, then the real "fun" can begin. I'm aiming to make regular progress updates, and I'm sure I'll be seeking guidance from you "experts" along the way.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Adge

Edited by AdgeC
Mistype
  • Like 4
  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

• Steve (sdh2903)

• Thrustyjust

• BugMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Further ramblings as threatened    Have always kept an eye on water and oil temp. Had some concerns at the way water and oil temps climbed when pulling on hills at motorway speeds, where tem

Checked my reg. no. (Yep being a poser. Kids said I had to do it!) on DVLA website. Details all correct, "Next tax due 1st Oct 2018", good enough for me . Quick call to the ever helpful APlan, insuran

Brief update: My car’s been on the road for three years end of this month (September). Still enjoying the whole Westfield experience. Took the car for its first MOT today, pleased to report a 

Posted Images

Kit Car Electronics

Wow, another one - great! Keeps the blue oval flag flying :) 

• Like 1
SootySport

Wow, photos from the start of collection, keep it up mate.

• Like 1
Steve (sdh2903)

excellent. good to see another one starting:t-up:

might want to move your post into tech talk seems to be where most build blogs live.

• Like 1
Chris King - Webmaster

Nice one. These ecoboost builds are proving popular. :t-up:

• Like 1

Looks like some triangulation on those build stands (say from top left to bottom right as you look at the front of the car) could be an idea

Jealous of the work shop!

• Like 1
David_Thame

Love a build thread..Lots of space around the car too....makes all the difference, i'm getting really fed up of falling over wheels / exhaust / tools :(

• Like 1
Adge Cutler- Dorset AO
9 hours ago, sdh2903 said:

excellent. good to see another one starting:t-up:

might want to move your post into tech talk seems to be where most build blogs live.

Trust me to start in the wrong place! How do I move a post to tech talk, tried the edit feature, but that appears useful for typo's etc or am I missing something! Do I need to politely ask a moderator to correct my "oversight"?

Darve, I anticipated having to fit a diagonal brace, but in fact they are rock solid, the shoulders on the legs are holding it square. Thanks for your suggestion.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Ooh, excellent, another build thread! :yes: :yes: :white-westy:

PS, have moved the thread for you, too. (You're right, only mods/admins can do that, but it's easy to do, so don't panic, if you ever need anything like that doing, just give a mod a shout!!)

• Like 1
Adge Cutler- Dorset AO
1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Ooh, excellent, another build thread! :yes: :yes: :white-westy:

PS, have moved the thread for you, too. (You're right, only mods/admins can do that, but it's easy to do, so don't panic, if you ever need anything like that doing, just give a mod a shout!!)

Thank you very much Dave, I've impressed myself in getting words and photos on the post without having to ask any of the grandchildren to help!

Now to start sorting and searching!

• Like 1
Adge Cutler- Dorset AO
2 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Great stuff to see. As long as you have the ST build manual, you'll be fine ;)

I've got the audio version!!!!

• Like 1
Steve (sdh2903)

I have accumulated quite a few good wiring diagrams and workshop manuals for the engine so when you get to that stage let me know and I'll get them to you.

I'm intreagued to see if the white ford racing box is the off the shelf version of the ecu kit or if it's modified by westfield as I ended up having to shorten a big loom.

did you go for the uprated clutch in the end?

• Like 1
Adge Cutler- Dorset AO
5 hours ago, sdh2903 said:

I have accumulated quite a few good wiring diagrams and workshop manuals for the engine so when you get to that stage let me know and I'll get them to you.

I'm intreagued to see if the white ford racing box is the off the shelf version of the ecu kit or if it's modified by westfield as I ended up having to shorten a big loom.

did you go for the uprated clutch in the end?

Thanks, I'm sure I'll take you up on the kind offer of wiring diagrams and engine manuals.  Very kind of you to offer.

Been sorting storage for body panels today, had opened the lid of the ford racing box, but not looked in detail at the contents.

Just taken everything out, loom was in an opened bag, doesn't look very long, all connectors labelled, photo of loom below.

image.jpeg

Any idea what the short length of 4 core is, it's labelled "can (gauges)"?

The 250 now comes with a a uprated helix clutch as standard, that's what I've got.

Thanks for your interest.