Hayabusa gear indicator

Tpacker

XTR2Turbo

I would buy the geartronics one as it uses the existing bike gear potentiometer rather than calculating your gear from revs and speed.  The plug is a white triangular 3 pin connector on the bike loom already

• Like 1

I used (and have for sale) the GiPro speedo one, really easy to install and program and neat little unit - this is the one that picks up from the speedo and rpm (so works on any car, any box) not the one that works from the gear signal. Was quite impressed with the unit. Only changed as went to digital dash.

As above in my experience I would go for one that uses the bike gear indicator switch if the bike had one as standard.

I've used and seen on other cars the ones that use speed and revs can get lost/confused if you say downshift more than one gear at once without letting the clutch out.

They then don't show a gear until you have had the clutch out for a while with the car moving and it's worked out what gear you are in.

I've got the geartronics one too, never had any problems with wrong gears showing up etc. And was really easy to install

Thanks all, is the geartronics one literally a plug and play and does anyone no where I would connect it into the hayabusa loom? Hoping it is literally just a plug as not really confident in cutting wires etc. 

XTR2Turbo

as per above there is a white triangular 3 pin connector on the bike loom.  It comes out near the stator.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/01/2017 at 18:59, Tpacker said:

Thanks all, is the geartronics one literally a plug and play and does anyone no where I would connect it into the hayabusa loom? Hoping it is literally just a plug as not really confident in cutting wires etc. 

Tom

What did you buy at the end of the day and have you fitted it?

Steve