NOW RECOVERED- westfield stolen please keep your eyes peeled- NOW RECOVERED

pete g

Words fail me! I'm gutted for you. I hope your Westie is found quickly and the scumbags caught and locked up!

Andy

Sorry but my Face isn't Booked and I have no idea where in UK this car was stolen from. If it's near me I'll keep an eye/ear open though.

Shared on FB.

A Sadev coming up second hand should stand out somewhat.

Absolutely gutted for you though.

Anyone got any links to share the missing parts side of things with the Northern Irish rally lads? Quite a few of the Ford comparable bits might have a good market over there...

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and sympathy.

Composing the list below has been painful. A lot of the parts on my car were either custom, unique or scarce so I've no doubt that unless they burn or bury the thing some of them will turn up sooner or later. Keep 'em peeled!

The one thing that I have got left is the steering wheel. Well it's a start!!!!!

Engine.

C20Xe . Block – Wossner high comp forged pistons with SBD Steel H pattern rods and Farndon ultralight steel crank.. ARP fasteners all round. Coscast head – fully race ported +2mm REC inlets with +1mm REC exhausts. Bronze guides. Piper race springs with Titanium retainers. Piper Hotrod race cams and solid lifters, Kent verniers. Early belt train with custom10mm bolt pulley posts made from some exotic alloy. 5.5" Quatermaster clutch with TTV flywheel. Tilton clutch slave. New Titan dry sump pump with SBD sump. All fittings and hoses are “Aeroquip” type.  Dry sump tank is the SBD narrow type but unusual in that it has a flange all the way round part way up the tank. Simpson bonnet exit exhaust with a custom 2 ¾” carbon silencer.

Transmission

Gearbox – Sadev SCL-82FS 6 speed sequential short box with Bailey Morris prop.  Geartronics full closed loop paddleshift. 4500psi  total loss pneumatic system (no compressor) Carbon fibre bottle in the boot with -4 braided lines and alloy fittings throughout. The valve block and regulator sit in a tray under the tunnel top. 4.4 Sierra push in diff with Quaife ATB. Custom made S155 driveshafts with unusual custom made tripode pot joints.

Electronics

DTA S100 Pro ECU. Geartronics GCU and gear position indicator. New Li-ion battery. Souriau connectors for the paddleshift.

Chassis

Rebuilt from a new and unused barn find narrow tunnel wide chassis in 2010 so it was spotless. Strengthening added to diff cage, engine bay and various other places. Rear end converted from English diff to Sierra. Full Caged cage with integral chassis mounting points.

Interior

Carbon fibre pre-preg panels throughout with a Cellite carbon fibre composite floor. Tillett B6 CF drivers seat. Tillet low CF passenger seat. Willans harness with welded in support for crutch strap. CF dash with Dash2 dash and eye level shift, oil warning lights and gear position indicator.

Body

New in 2010, lightweight Westfield bodywork in red - carbon front and rear wings with carbon nose and splitter, carbon flared sides. Flat Cellite engine bay floor with carbon honeycomb rear diffuser.

Suspension/braking

Siltech wide wishbones and anti roll bar with narrow rear wishbones (to allow 8.5” wide tyres/wheels under sensible sized arches). Nylon bushes all round Custom made adjustable rear ARB which sits under the suspension. Wilwood Powerlite 4 pots all round on custom mounts at the rear. Front discs are by Hewpro with custom made alloy bells. Alloy uprights up front with rose jointed TREs and custom alloy rack extensions. Nitron dampers with custom made configuration at the rear. Did have Meteor stickers on them.

Wheels and tyres.

Barnby 13” split rims with black magnesium centres and polished rims. 7.5 rears and 6.5 fronts with Toyo 888s in SG 185s front 205s rear.

Steve

It might be worth letting the UK sadev importer in Harlow know just in case it comes back to them for inspection.  These boxes are meant to have annual inspections.

Just to add the low back Tillett W1i came from me so will have a Nationwide sticker and order number on it bottom right. 

Fingers crossed for you.

David

35 minutes ago, XTR2Turbo said:

Steve

It might be worth letting the UK sadev importer in Harlow know just in case it comes back to them for inspection.  These boxes are meant to have annual inspections.

Just to add the low back Tillett W1i came from me so will have a Nationwide sticker and order number on it bottom right. 

Fingers crossed for you.

David

Thanks David, good idea, I know SWR well so I'll have a word with them at the Autosport show.

Heartbreaking.

The development time in blood sweat and tears on that is almost impossible to put a price on.

Reward of up to £5,000 offered for information leading to the safe return of this car. The full amount will be paid if the car is undamaged and complete.

• 4 years later...
1 minute ago, Crash test dummy said:

Thread resurrection.....................with good news.

After 5 years and against all the odds, it's back home!

Got to thank pete g again for talking me into posting a lost/stolen ad on a couple of sites. One of which has sat there all this time and finally paid dividends!

That’s great news.

i assume no luck catching the scotes who stole it and it’s been sold on to someone unsuspecting since it went missing?

Just now, Mark (smokey mow) said:

That’s great news.

i assume no luck catching the scotes who stole it and it’s been sold on to someone unsuspecting since it went missing?

Pretty much.

so glad it was found, i have no clue as to why someone would steal a one off car such as a westy, all of our cars are different and identifying a missing car should be easy, anyway its back now -  best christmas ever then eh.

Over the moon for you. Pete has told me. I assume you now have to pay a reward but we'll worth it given the spec 

45 minutes ago, John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison said:

Over the moon for you. Pete has told me. I assume you now have to pay a reward but we'll worth it given the spec 

Thanks John. It's in amazing condition considering.

• Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO changed the title to NOW RECOVERED- westfield stolen please keep your eyes peeled- NOW RECOVERED