Looking for a big favour from anyone attending the Autosport Show

Mark (smokey mow)

Those of you who have been following my JW4 rebuild thread will know I have quite an interest in anything relating historic Formula 4, and in the Coy's auction listing for the Autosport show happens to be a Tecno Formula IV car which was extracted 2-weeks ago from the garage of motorcycle dealer Don Hichcock.  

http://www.coys.co.uk/cars/circa-1964-tecno-k250-f4

Unfortunately I can't make it to the show or auction myself and Coy's have so far been unresponsive to my requests to view it at their premises before it is taken to the auction. Whilst I'm not looking to buy (I've got enough cars already!!!!) i am interested to see how the design and construction of the Tecno differs to that of my own JW4's the internet has plenty of photos of these cars but nothing that really shows the detail.

Would anyone going to the show be willing to take some photos of the car for me (as many as possible) and specifically close up details of the front and rear suspension, hubs and rear drive assemblies. In exchange for this I'd happily pay the £10 for the auction program that gives admission and access for two people to the auction and any extra costs associated with getting the pictures to me?

I'd be eternally grateful to anyone that is able to help :) 

image.jpg

10 hours ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

Is the auction on the Saturday?

Hi Gary the auction takes place on Saturday at 2pm but viewing is either Thursday and Friday all day or Saturday AM upto the start of the sale.

Mark I will be there Thursday

Happy to go to the auction and get some photos.  PM me with any specifics

David

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark Wendon (smokey mow) - WSCC Club Secretary said:

Hi Gary the auction takes place on Saturday at 2pm but viewing is either Thursday and Friday all day or Saturday AM upto the start of the sale.

Oh, we are planning on going on Sunday so can't help, sorry

On 7 January 2017 at 13:24, XTR2Turbo said:

Mark I will be there Thursday

Happy to go to the auction and get some photos.  PM me with any specifics

David

Thanks David, PM sent

22 hours ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

Oh, we are planning on going on Sunday so can't help, sorry

Thanks Gary, no problem, hopefully I'm now sorted with David

I'll be there Thursday Mark. I'll see if I can get some pics too. More the merrier eh! 

1 minute ago, mark.anson said:

I'll be there Thursday Mark. I'll see if I can get some pics too. More the merrier eh! 

Thanks Mark that would be brilliant :t-up:

I took some photos of this on my mobile phone yesterday. It was quite close to the fence but the bodywork was on so could not get real detailed stuff.

20170112_103705.jpg

20170112_103729.jpg

20170112_103748.jpg

20170112_103803.jpg

20170112_103828.jpg

• Like 1

@XTR2Turbo @John @bunje

Thank you all for your pictures, they're all a great help and the more pics the better. Its good to be able to make a comparison to my car and already I've spotted a few interesting features.

i'll be watching tomorrows auction with interest to see what it sells for, I could guess but I shall refrain from doing so other than I suspect it'll be for a lot more than I paid for for any of my three JW4's :)

Very lucky that it was right at the front. If you went tomorrow to look at it you wouldn't get anywhere near the stand to take decent pictures. The joys of trade days 

Just sold for £5000 :o

image.jpg