MSA Rollbar Diameter

benlindley

benlindley

Hi all - daft question time.

Does anyone with the MSA roll bar know the exact diameter of the bars (tubing)? This is for a GoPro mount. The MSA roll bar will be Westfield factory model - any help much appreciated!

Andy (Sycho)

Depends where you want to mount it, I have a full cage but believe it to be the same apart from the rear brace's.

Main bar is 38mm & the cross brace is 32mm.

i mount mine on the cross part so it's eye level. image.jpg

benlindley
5 minutes ago, Sycho said:

Depends where you want to mount it, I have a full cage but believe it to be the same apart from the rear brace's.

Main bar is 38mm & the cross brace is 32mm.

i mount mine on the cross part so it's eye level. image.jpg

Brilliant thank you - this means most of the handle bar (38.1mm) mounts will work and opens a load of options. Which mount do you use out of interest and are you happy with it?

Andy (Sycho)

I just use the standard mount that came with the camera, it's not the strongest but it's pretty stable.

CraigHew

My MSA bar is 44/45mm and, after a lot of experimentation,  I mounted the GoPro on one of the cross braces.  I use a cheap, but extremely robust mount from Ebay (less than £5) but also tether the housing with a wire strap and use a metal skeleton case to protect the camera should it get hit by flying stones or whatever.

The metal case has a slide up backplate ensuring the camera doesn't pop out and it take various filters on the viewfinder.

Worked to great effect for me for the last 2 years.

IMG_20161231_150858.jpg

• Like 1
Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO
Dave (OnliestSmeg) -  Manchester AO

See my post in this thread....