Choice of Throttle bodies

Scottc88

Currently running the webcon alpha throttle bodies and Ecu combo on my 2.0 duratec (187hp)

seeing a few peoples print out number abit higher than this around the 200 mark and wondering if it's time to try something different. Troy also said I don't have the best bodies out there so I'll throw a few brands and types at you lot and see what ppl have to say about them....

also any figures they produce with the same engine (Westfield 4-2-1 mani on) 

Also tbs and Ecu combo 

-omex tbs on manifold

-omex direct to head

-jenvey on manifold

-jenvey dth 

-jenvey tapered itbs 

..any actual gains from tapered v std 

also would I NEED the omex Ecu or other to replace my alpha pro4 Ecu  or is keeping it an option. 

Just looking for feed back of how people have got on with any of the above or even swapped from the webcons to others... 

Cheers 

Dynos will always read differently from place to place... Do you have any direct, back-to-back numbers, from something like a rolling road day? Do you have a dyno plot for your car with AFR curve? Do you know what the ignition table looks like?

Changing throttle bodies sounds like a lot of expense for only a few hp gain...

16 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Dynos will always read differently from place to place... Do you have any direct, back-to-back numbers, from something like a rolling road day? Do you have a dyno plot for your car with AFR curve? Do you know what the ignition table looks like?

Changing throttle bodies sounds like a lot of expense for only a few hp gain...

Some words not familiar with there but I have a rolling road printout from NHM from couple months ago and also one from a while back same place. He did tweek the map to its best as far as I can see .. 

If it's been to Troy then the map will be the best it can I'm sure :yes: I don't have any experience of comparable numbers between different throttle body setups but it just seemed a lot of wedge to spend for the minimal power increase and wondered if you could optimise what you already had :t-up:

Did you ask Troy thev same question? His experience on his dyno would most likely be more informative re different setups 

2 hours ago, neptune said:

Did you ask Troy thev same question? His experience on his dyno would most likely be more informative re different setups 

Not really took mine in after purchasing so was fairly new to me at the time, he just said the design wasn't the best out there 

Crash test dummy

You might see some gains if you move to Direct to Head TBs or if you change the diameter of the bodies but purely changing from one brand of TBs to another will gain you nothing. The Weber bodies are well made items, they're just not very fashionable these days.

Similar applies the the ECU. Changing to another make will not gain you any power. Moving away from Webcon will make your engine easier to tune and get tuned by a wider  range of operators though.

Rush Motorsport

Well I'm running 189bhp with GSXR throttle bodies and microsquirt...

You could spend ££££ at NMS or wherever and gain 10bhp, will you notice it?

I'm building a duratec to repkace my pinto and talking to a  number if owners of the past 12 months your power figure is similar to most std 2.0 engines with carbs, bike tbs etc... If extra power is what you want to achieve, would suggest new cams. Probably cheaper then tbs and ecu and will probably produce mire power too.