Megabusa Diary

Jay-Sek Media

Jay-Sek Media

I bought this Megabusa last month after seeing it here. The last owner used it in hill climbs so it has already some nice goodies.

It’s a 2007 model and although looks like good condition car, it needs some TLC and this topic will cover my journey with the Busa.

Car will get used this year quite a lot, road trips, track days and perhaps even hill climbs.

I plan to full strip and rebuild the car next winter but until then I here is plan for this year:

1. Paint wheel

2. Paint exterior / change colour

3. Paint cage

4. Fit wider carbon seats

5. Fit carbon one piece tunnel and sides

6. Fit anodised billet gear lever

7. Fit carbon FW body diffuser

8. Fit carbon side panels

9. Fit Trigger handbrake

10. Fit new harnesses

11. Replace fuel tank / long range

12. Fit carbon half doors

13. Fit carbon roll bar bolt covers

I also want carbon bonnet and nose cone but can’t find anyone to supply me with these parts

15109610_1821617528106474_444500546854042739_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay-Sek Media

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

• Steve (sdh2903)

• Rush Motorsport

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so I've just picked up my busa from its service and took few pictures on my way home. Hope you like it

Quick update. Busa just had first wash in 2017, there is only drivers harness missing so almost ready for new season  Here is some pics

car is nearly finished now, just waiting for new harness and hopefully I can take it out for a spin this weekend and take some proper pictures here is my new addition which should nicely go with

Posted Images

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Excellent, looking forward to reading this :yes:  :popcorn:

(Though the Tech Talk section is really where build threads and rebuild threads tend to go, I can move it for you if that's OK?)

Jay-Sek Media
17 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Excellent, looking forward to reading this :yes:  :popcorn:

(Though the Tech Talk section is really where build threads and rebuild threads tend to go, I can move it for you if that's OK?)

Yes, please do

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

No problem, all done. I've left a link in the Start Line for anyone to follow that goes looking there for the article.

As much as we love all photos in these threads, your's I'm waiting for with anticipation, going on what I've seen already...

SootySport

Paint it?????       Consider a wrap so you or someone else can easily return it to original colour.     I'm  not so sure paint sticks well to GRP body, the ones I've seen painted chip, crack too easily.

Jay-Sek Media
23 minutes ago, SootySport said:

Paint it?????       Consider a wrap so you or someone else can easily return it to original colour.     I'm  not so sure paint sticks well to GRP body, the ones I've seen painted chip, crack too easily.

Yes, I am considering wrapping. I can't decide on colour so perhaps this would be better option if I change my mind again. I've emailed few companies and awaiting prices...

DamperMan

There are some spray-able wraps!, well paint you can peal off after. I quite like this idea as maybe if there are some cracks in the gel coat maybe these would not crack the paint.

https://www.foliatec.com/company/en/produktsortiment/sprueh-folie/

No idea if its any good,  i watched a demo at a show in Germany.    

Wrapping I have watched some youtube clips and it looks simple!...I've been told a wesftield is tricky as the shapes are difficult to cover.  .But I guess its like watching golf on the telly.. use a stick to bat a ball into a hole..how hard can that be!....   Shank!    ... Hunny G couldn't wrap for toffee! 

Jay-Sek Media

My private plate is on and I went for a 30 miles drive on this cold winter morning and I managed to take few pics

DSC_2775-HDR.jpg

DSC_2755-HDR.jpg

DSC_2797-HDR.jpg

DSC_2804-HDR.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Jay-Sek Media

Quick update on my progress:

New parts on order: Carbon flared exterior panels, Carbon tunnel top panel, carbon boot lid, carbon roll bar bolt covers and carbon body diffuser.

I had a look at my rear panel and noticed that it was installed off center by approx. 15mm, cut out for roll bars on right side was so close to the boot lid opening it started to crack and it was rubbing on the roll bar.

I will be removing rear panel anyway to fit new std fuel tank soon and though someone could repair the rear panel (patch all existing mounting holes and cut outs) and save myself small fortune. New panel is £700

so my question is, could anyone recommend someone in Scotland that would do the job?

DSC_0488.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Jay-Sek Media

so last weekend I started stripping it down, seats, harnesses and rear panel is off. Today I fitted aero catches to the bonnet, I will try to design nice mounting bracket for the pic and 3d print it to trail fit before fabrication. This should be fun :) 

DSC_2846-HDR.jpg

DSC_2855-HDR.jpg

DSC_2871-HDR.jpg

DSC_0522.JPG

DSC_0525.JPG

DSC_0526.JPG

DSC_0527.JPG

DSC_0516.JPG

10396298_10152795033329642_4583813777588562722_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Jay-Sek Media

My new Tillett's should be arriving today. I plan to fix them directly to the floor with no runners.

I made a quick 3d model of the bracket, Its made from alu flat bar. Captivated square nuts in the bracket are held by the seat from the top. So no welding is needed. In the current form it should weight approx. 0.3kg each. Any thoughts?

Scanned from a Xerox Multifunction Device.jpg

XTR2Turbo

Looks very neat.  If you want to pick up old holes in the car I don't know if tolerances between old seats and new seats will be sufficient to ensure an exact match

David

Jay-Sek Media

I measured them last night and seemed to spaced 314 - 315mm so I might need to open it up slightly (in theory :) ) be