ZZR1400 Westfield

J.lanyon

Hi, I am new to the site, I have just purchased a new Westfield MegaBusa which I will be building with my son for road and hill climb use, maybe the odd track day, we are fitting a 2015 ZZR1400. 

My question is: does anyone know of any links/contacts/resources to previously built Westfield/ZZR1400?

The first thing we have to do is alter the Busa engine cradle so it would interesting to see how others have done it.

Regards

Joe

Not heard of a ZZR1400 in a Westy before - but there's someone local-ish to me who put one in an F27 - recently up for sale on LCB website.

I have a real soft spot for Kwakers - sounds like it would be a hoot!

what is the reason for going ZZR1400 when busa is proven in these cars and all the aftermarket parts readily available?

Can you get dry sump kits etc?

The busa cradle is in three parts.  The lower cradle, upper engine side frames and upper cradle.  I think you could use the upper cradle but would need to remake the lower cradle and side frames

The zzr1400 is a stonker of a motor. It doesn't need dry sumping and billet sumps etc off the shelf. If I was building another bec I wouldn't hesitate the busas are just to fragile where the oil system is concerned, all Imo of course.

Bec cradles are a doddle to sort aswell even for non standard fit motors. 

Make sure you keep us updated on your progress

• Like 1

IMO you will be better off building the cradle from scratch,as I can't see any of the motor mounting points matching up.

return the Busa cradle and get your money back.

how high is the zzr1400?

presuming it will run 8 injectors as standard it could be a really tall engine and you might end up with the air box sticking up out of the bonnet a fair way.

Only seen one in a Westie and it was a special install. I do agree that you will be better starting from scratch with the cradle, trying to cross brace as the original one does. The engines are reckoned to be good, but a bit tall usually.