• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Insuranceman

• Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

• Chris Brading

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was hoping my dad would be the first to start my car but I couldn't contact him.  Here is a vid of it starting, sorry the light is bad but it gets dark up north on a night. It's dark but I a

Got the seats in tonight, 40 minutes for the drivers side then 2 hours for the passenger side, copied off Chris and took 40mm off the release bar.

Picked module 3 up last Friday and Ian loaded the van and answered a lot of questions from me.  I need to find the centre line of my car. Can i just measure the centre of the front and rear chass

Posted Images

corsechris

I've got mine booked in for a brake test on Thursday. Forecast is for 0 C but dry (I hope). I think I'll put the wind deflectors back on!!  Only a 20 mile round trip thankfully.

Insuranceman
2 minutes ago, corsechris said:

I've got mine booked in for a brake test on Thursday. Forecast is for 0 C but dry (I hope). I think I'll put the wind deflectors back on!!  Only a 20 mile round trip thankfully.

0 C with only wind deflectors you must be hard 😂.

corsechris
Just now, Insuranceman said:

0 C with only wind deflectors you must be hard 😂.

Just stooopid!  It wasn't very warm when I took it for the MOT and I was pleasantly surprised at how it wasn't terrible!  The higher, more raked screen and high sides compared to a Westy make a huge difference. Only ever driven the Westy once without the doors on and hated it. Anything over about 20mph and the turbulence shook my glasses so much I couldn't see where I was going. Having a long back doesn't help either - I'm about 6' 4" when I'm sat down, IYSWIM.

Insuranceman
4 minutes ago, corsechris said:

Just stooopid!  It wasn't very warm when I took it for the MOT and I was pleasantly surprised at how it wasn't terrible!  The higher, more raked screen and high sides compared to a Westy make a huge difference. Only ever driven the Westy once without the doors on and hated it. Anything over about 20mph and the turbulence shook my glasses so much I couldn't see where I was going. Having a long back doesn't help either - I'm about 6' 4" when I'm sat down, IYSWIM.

I know what you mean about driving without doors, took mine for a brake test and emissions test. Lost my wooly hat but managed to keep my glasses on and I’m only 5’ 8”.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Insuranceman

Dropped my car off at Daytuner yesterday, drove about 40 miles with the half and doors, what a difference driving with the doors makes. 
Hopefully Daytuner will be able to diagnose the misfire.

• Like 4
On 17/02/2021 at 09:44, Insuranceman said:

Dropped my car off at Daytuner yesterday, drove about 40 miles with the half and doors, what a difference driving with the doors makes. 
Hopefully Daytuner will be able to diagnose the misfire.

Did you get it sorted 

Insuranceman
1 hour ago, wizzer said:

Did you get it sorted 

The car is still with Daytuner. Damian thinks there is a leak in the exhaust causing the lambda sensor to swing from one extreme to another, he is now trying to locate the leak. I will call him later this week.

• Like 2