New Westfield owner

Beggers

Hi everyone,

Few weeks ago acquired a 2006 - 1800 Zetec widebody Westy. Nice clean very low millage car (500 miles) the previous owner/builder didn't really drive as much as intended after building and classic themed in blue with a tan interior. 

Really clean car, even underneath was like new.

First go at one owning one of these, I'm really enjoying my Westfield so far and really pleased with the content and answers on this forum. 

Many upgrades and tweaks on the to-do list for over winter already! Black roll bar I added to make it safer for use straight away as previous owner/builder decided not to fit one, to personal preference. I'm after a chromed JAP style and some side screens to make it a little bit neater. 

Cheers

IMG_0578_zpstlr4jyhn.jpg

Edited by Beggers
  • Like 3

Lovely looking car, I do like the classic colours!

I would love a tan or tobacco colour interior but just worried they'd show the marks of regular road use too easily.

Be aware that the unbraced roll bars such as the straight type you have in the photo and the JAP type are NOT considered safety equipment, the degree of roll protection is minimal at best. That said, I've just converted my Westfield to a JAP bar, from a braced RAC bar, as it works better with the roof and boot lid, I don't use mine on track though so am OK with the choice.

Nice looking car. 

All my tin-tops have had cream interiors for the last 15 years or so, I loved them. 

Only problem with seats in a Westfield is the amount of cow-sh*t they get sprayed with, especially the passenger side, regardless of the hide colour.

Nice looking car. 

All my tin-tops have had cream interiors for the last 15 years or so, I loved them. 

Only problem with seats in a Westfield is the amount of cow-sh*t they get sprayed with, especially the passenger side, regardless of the hide colour.

The seats have been ok as usually someone sat in it helping deflect it  :p

Edited by Beggers
  • Like 1

.... Only problem with seats in a Westfield is the amount of cow-sh*t they get sprayed with, especially the passenger side, regardless of the hide colour.

Didn't realise the amount of sh*t from a cow relate to the cows colour :p:d

• Like 1

Beautiful looking car. You've given me some ideas for the colour scheme on the next one I build!