What would you do?

Yanto

I've have a Viento (4.6.v8) and my wife has been on numerous trips out including several into Europe with SKCC and provided she has enough layers of clothing is happy to join in my hobby. I've recently bought a Seight and its much more hardcore however she will still go out in it. I think you need to keep it and be sympathetic to her needs, buy her a heated jacket for christmas.

Good luck

Kenton

wife hates mine even with a screen ... just can't get her interested at all even on hot balmy days. So just my hobby.

My good lady has been in mine, but I had to make some compromises!

Despite a bright dry but cool March day, we drove for a couple of hours through Wales. The compromise was a half hood and doors must be on! Jo even said it was more comfy than the Elise I had! The trick was keeping her out of the wind!

All good

Good luck

Andy

i have a screen but it is still a bit raw with the turbulance around the edges , however when I hopped into buttercup with Geoffrey the difference was quite significant just by adding deflectors and half doors that rawness dissapeared completely

good luck

Thank you all for your valued responses, apart from the divorce one!

Had a heart to heart this morning about the car, our situation and what she would like.

Jen would like a windscreen, full doors, comfortable seats and space to snuggle down, I forgot to mention that a 1/3 of the passenger footwell in this car has the oil tank in it for the dry sump system, she said she was also very sad to see the last car go - wish she'd said something then!

She loves the look of Westfields and 7's in general, doesn't like the thought of going out in a modern convertible as they are ordinary.

As 6carjon says this would not convert easily to a ladies "soft" car, it is a track orientated car.

I would love to keep it and have another softer version, but finances in the future will not allow that, so it looks like come the spring when the weather warms up and i take it off SORN I will put the car up for sale/trade.

Ian

PS I don't plan on retiring until Sep so I have a bit of leeway

Ian

I think you are ready for a TVR Griffith :-)

Great sound and much better for your wife and you to enjoy.

Good Luck

Jon

• Like 1

You might be right, just had a look on Piston Heads - not bargain basement cars are they?

• Like 1

2. I get out of bed early.  In the summer months I get up, drive for 4 hours/ 200 miles and get back home, wash the car and be "all done" by 10am.

:yes:

I've got the TVR Chimaera, I changed from the westie to the tvr for this very reason, when the wife is in the car keep under 3000 revs, nice sedate car but you still get the rumble out of the exhausts, wife out of the car, up over 3000 revs it's absolutely mental and sounds like a howling banshee, it's the sort of car that should keep everyone happy and isn't that common on the roads

Cheers Mark

• Like 2

Hang on to the Westie ! You know you'll miss it when it's gone and little else (in our price bracket) gives as much excitement per pound.

When I first got mine there was no way my dearest was going in it - tba it was a bit of a stripped out street racer (fibreglass bucket seats, aeroscreen, no heater, no carpet, little in the way of trim). The biggest "improvement" I made was last year when I finally got fed up with the hassle of the aeroscreen (helmet, always watching for flying debris etc) and fitted a screen, wipers and washers and deflectors I bought off another member (I already had solid half doors). It has totally transformed it for me and along with some half decent seats (which I need to turn into decent seats so we can go out on longer trips next year). No heater though as I only use it from April to October and never been cold.

My wife will go out in it now - albeit she still doesn't like the wind buffeting over 60mph (she wears contact lenses and they tend to get messed about) but is getting used to the speed but not the acceleration - so I leave that to when I'm on my own or at least tell her I'm about to overtake something to which she says she's quite impressed with how quickly, and safely, you can get by something !  :d

Last trip out though, and sods law, a wasp got blown into the cockpit and ended up stinging her - she hates wasps more than I detest spiders but took it remarkably well (just one of those things she said) but Xmas present for Westie is going to be a SoftBits half hood and a nice soft flying helmet and probably some goggles !!

Her hobby is really her horse but I've been there done that - so now we have a hobby each and I help with the horse at weekends so come the summer, we both now get to enjoy the Westie (I get the better deal as come winter I can just potter up the garage if I want to  - she has to muck out the horse every day come wind, rain or snow  :rolleyes: )

So basically, I'd try the creature comforts route and go easy on the throttle until they become accustomed to it (and always warn them if you intend to floor it for some reason).

Good luck with whatever you do.

• Like 1

I've just been looking at prices:

Windscreen Assy: £371

Wiper motor kit £198

Washer kit ????

Wipers £52, 

Seats Pr (Sports Turbo) £700

Fillet £60

Side screens: £300 

Plus switches Hinges and probably other stuff....

Total ITRO £1700 - £1800

That makes converting to be relatively nice a none starter as far as I'm concerned.

Crickey at those rates I could be tempted to sell the screen, pillars, mirrors, wipers, fillet and wiper motor I have stashed for my "what if the wife fancies" future moment!

• Like 2

Have I tuned into a different forum........

What about more power?

It sorts our 9 out of 10 problems in my opinion.

• Like 1

Have I tuned into a different forum........

What about more power?

It sorts our 9 out of 10 problems in my opinion.

Funny, I though you'd have liked mods that made it easier to use the car more often :o:p:d Sorry Stu!

• Like 1

I've just been looking at prices:

Windscreen Assy: £371

Wiper motor kit £198

Washer kit ????

Wipers £52, 

Seats Pr (Sports Turbo) £700

Fillet £60

Side screens: £300 

Plus switches Hinges and probably other stuff....

Total ITRO £1700 - £1800

That makes converting to be relatively nice a none starter as far as I'm concerned.

You wouldn't believe what I spent on Buttercup to maker into the tourer that I wanted and its way more than that.

if you gets you out and about and means you can use the car a lot more and you enjoy the car then its money well spent in my opinion.

• Like 1