Coast to Coast, East, Sunday 4th Sept.

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Thanks to everyone who came on the Coast to Coast, sorry I meant Leeds to Whitby run today. We managed to dodge the rain, just a bit over the moors into Whitby.

9 cars made it, with another joining us in Whitby.

Photos tomorrow.

Great day out thanks Robin and all  :t-up:

2_zpswfpklofc.jpg

• Like 2

fog_zpsg31nkpho.jpg

• Like 1

petrol_zpsiyobvura.jpg

• Like 1

pan_zpsftwrqish.jpg

• Like 2

first gopro vid:

Thanks Robin for organising a great day out. Weather was kind to us all. Looking forward to Geoffrey/Buttercup's 2nd Hollywood style video of the event (don't think you got my best profile out side the fish+chip shop!).

Looking forward to Geoffrey/Buttercup's 2nd Hollywood style video of the event (don't think you got my best profile out side the fish+chip shop!).

I have knocked something up.....and now the cleaners pregnant  :oops:

Just waiting for the film to upload to YouTube.

As soon as its done I will post it here for you.

I have knocked something up.....and now the cleaners pregnant  :oops:

Just waiting for the film to upload to YouTube.

As soon as its done I will post it here for you.

.............with the cleaners permission I trust  :)

in the mean time here is my 2nd vid though Whitby and up to the Abbey

• Like 1

Tell you something Marcus.

Where and how you fixed your camera gives a great view.

I might just copy.  :t-up:

Tell you something Marcus.

Where and how you fixed your camera gives a great view.

I might just copy.  :t-up:

its no secret....... (best keep them for you, me and Terry  :ghostface: ).........go pro bracket and screw are the same m5 (I think) thread as the central rivnut insert on the windscreen for the roof fixing, first time ive tried it and works a treat  :t-up:​ 

• Like 1

The Eastern leg of the Coast to Coast went very well, much better than the rained off West leg the day before.

The day started well with Richard, Marcus and new boy Simon, in his newly built and registered FW, meeting at my house for a run down the back way to the Fox and Grapes for a 10:30 start. It started to rain as we set off, but had stopped before we got to the pub, where Geoffrey and Frank were waiting for us. Craig and his mate soon arrived and Chris turned up just before we were to set off. But then Marcus got a text from Terry, "I'll be there at 10:45, wait for me." We did, and set off about 11:00.

SAM_3093_zpsip9eshlt.jpg

We headed down the A64 towards the York Ring Road, but first the obligatory stop, Geoff for fuel, the rest for a wee. I had intended to go the A19 up to Thirsk and up Sutton Bank, but doing a trial run on Friday, I missed the turn off but found a road to Helmsley at the next roundabout, it turned out to be a better road taking us through a few small villages and on to Helmsley.

It was then on to the A170 and on to Kirby Moorside and Pickering. Heading over the North Yorkshire Moors, the weather started to close in a little, the road was damp with a bit of spray, but no rain, although it did get a bit cold. Before we got to the Blue Bank and into Sleights, we could see Whitby bathed in sunshine, well it looked brighter over the Abbey. So a steady drive through the town, over the bridge and up to the Abbey car park where we were met by Rob, waiting patiently by the roadside.

SAM_3094_zpslqmqfm6a.jpg

A hours parking paid for, and a walk down to the town for Fish and Chips, after a visit to the toilet. After probably the most expensive Fish and Chips I've not sat down to eat we were off again.

SAM_3095_zps4aazhuyb.jpg

A quick top up and down the coastal road to Scarborough. We got behind a couple of cars taking it steady, so I had chance to see the 8 Westfields snaking behind me, it did look good. Straight through Scarborough along Marine Drive and the Seafront, some admiring glances and lots of people taking photos, must start charging, and on to Filey. I was tempted to go around Olivers Mount, but thought it was hard enough trying to keep 9 cars together on the road so what would it be like on a race track! We did loose Frank here, but I knew he was going.

On to Filey, a small town that closes at 6:00 (I'm not joking) where we parked on The Brigg for a photo opportunity.

SAM_3099_zpskzybnzic.jpg

SAM_3098_zpszcqrrbbv.jpg

We tried to get the Nissan in the distance to move, he was spoiling our shot, but no matter how much Geoff asked him, he wouldn't budge.

It was now 4:00, so after another toilet visit we made our way home, Geoff left us and we carried on to Bridlington and along the A166 to Stamford Bridge.

Now this is when I started to get a bit panicky. My oil pressure started to drop, down to 20psi at 50mph and nearly zero as we went down Garrowby Hill. The engine felt and sounded good, So I decided to carry on. Hitting the A64, and we all went our separate ways. I carried on with Simon behind me and pulled off the A64 at Tadcaster and home.

I found my oil problem, no oil. I've had a leak from the rocker cover gasket for a while, but must have got worse over the days run. I made a new gasket tonight, think I got it sealed, just need some oil now.

A big thanks to Richard, Marcus, Simon, Frank, Geoffrey, Craig, Chris, and Terry and Caroline.

• Like 2