Do I have Wide Track already?

Beez

Hi All,

I've just booked the Busa in with Northampton Motorsport for rolling road, new shocks, suspension corner weighting and Geo set up.

I'm also thinking of having Wide Track fitted, may as well get it all done properly, but I'm not sure if I already have Wide Track fitted.

So, what are the measurements I can check to see if i have the standard front or wide track front?

Cheers
Paul

Chris King

Easiest way to tell is if it has adjustable top camber - std track does not.

Here's std track

Std wishbone

and this for sale ad has a good pic of widetrack

Thanks Chris, I'll have to have a look tonight.

Chris King

Do you have extensions on the rack

Sierra SDVs have those but not widetrack.

Took a couple of pictures of the front wishbones, I think mine is Standard not WideTrack?

IMAG0856_zpsqqkvp0ug.jpgIMAG0855_zpsjpwu4sjk.jpgIMAG0854_zpsenppbv7h.jpg

Chris King

Looks like standard to me. No adjuster on top wishbone is a dead giveaway.

Mark (smokey mow)

Agreed with Standard Track based on the design of ARB.

• Like 1
Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Camber adjusters aren't altogether conclusive, but the factory only makes those ARB's in narrow fitting, as Mark alludes to.

(I actually came across quick camber adjusters before I'd even heard of wide track. Can't recall who made them, but I do remember fitting them involved drilling the threads out where the top ball joint screws into the wishbone, then reaming it smooth!!!)

Equally, I seem to remember that at least one version of the Cat Motorsport Widetrack, didn't have quick adjusters :0

Thanks, so guess I'll also have to add new ARB to the cost of my suspension enhancements.

Aye, and that part might not be quite so straightforward.

First off, do you have a matching rear anti roll bar?

Unfortunately. there isn't a simple swap for the front anti roll bar; Westfield don't make a wide track version of the bar you have. Instead they do a non-adjustable, fixed rate bar, which is good, but obviously can't be tweaked should you want to do such things! Unfortunately, I can't tell you how well it matches the adjustable rear, or whether you'd need to change to the matching fixed rate rear bar too. The factory also does an adjustable, inboard mounted front anti roll bar. I'm not keen on that one for a number of reasons, principally because I think it's way to stiff for road use. (It's a very contentious product with some, ahem, history).

You then have the "other" brands, Plays Kool do a very nice set of front and rear bars (a matched pair), they're softer than the factory cars - a good thing on a road car, are fully adjustable, have no welds and come in wide or narrow front versions. (I've had the Plays Kool on both my cars). Siltech also appeared at Stoneleigh this year with their Westfield anti roll bars, and wide track for that matter, and beautifully designed and made pieces of kit they looked. Finally, there's Procomp, who also do a range of suspension parts, including, if I recall correctly, roll bars.

Peter (Monty)

Great info Dave, I'd been thinking about getting a WF ARB set but might go for Plays Kool after your recommendation. Did you go for standard or soft stiffness?

Plays kool only had the one when I got mine, as my car is road use, I'd probably go for a softer bar if buying again, but that's just my set up.

Thanks Dave, just had a look at Playschools "Front Anti Rollbar Kit" and interestingly they say "This kit will also fit the Rally Design Wide Track kit, as this kit keeps the original front suspension wishbone pickup points." It was the Rally Design wide track I had spoke to NHM about so I might be able to save my self a few hundred pounds and keep my existing ARB since the same pickup points can be used. :)