Rob & Lucia's little roadtrip

M6 WSC

So, the Mrs & I are doing our first Westfield roadtrip, starting this weekend for a week. I've managed to persuade her that going in a 'comfortable' Westfield with an aeroscreen, half doors and no wet-weather gear apart from a cockpit cover when stationary will be an 'adventure' (runs to garage to adjust Nitrons to softest setting). She's excited.

Should be c.1400 miles in total over 7 days, stopping off in Glasgow, Glencoe, Fort William, Skye (a round-trip of the isle over 2 days + a flight in a seaplane if the weather is ok..), Loch Ness, Aviemore, Edinburgh for the Fringe Festival, Newcastle and back home. 

Any last minute words of wisdom or advice we might not have thought of?...

Cheers

R&L

http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/robj1987/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsuylhmet5.png.html'>image_zpsuylhmet5.png

http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/robj1987/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps5bsuxycw.png.html'>image_zps5bsuxycw.png

• Like 1

I would make sure that you have plenty of stops to keep her happy. That way she won't be put off.

Plan on it raining in Scotland. Then if it doesn't then it's a bonus.

if you do a search for my 2015 Scotland trip, I did a  daily "lessons learnt" which may help with anything.

There looks to be a lot of motorway on your trip.

I can give you details of a "pretty route" that I have used to Glencoe and back from Edinburgh from the Yorkshire area but its not as fast as the motorway.

• Like 1

if you have no wet weather gear then I suggest you take an umbrella.

Really handy if you get a shower.

If you get wet, you will take your mind off it as you will be driving. 

The passenger has nothing to do apart from sit there feeling cold and wet.

You will have a great time.

Fabulous pub to get something to eat in at Carbost on Skye.

Cheers Geoffrey - have read the posts from your trip too - very helpful. Umbrella sourced too.

Bob- thanks, purchased too!!

JWH - panic not, she does half the driving and loves it as much as I do! (Almost)

Cheers Geoffrey - have read the posts from your trip too - very helpful. Umbrella sourced too.

Bob- thanks, purchased too!!

JWH - panic not, she does half the driving and loves it as much as I do! (Almost)

Lol - sorry, maybe that was a little blunt of me. Mine's generally pretty tolerant but refuses to drive it, summer pub runs are okay, motorways and rain not so much! You sound in a much better position that me for this to be successful, best of luck ;-)

Just for the experience, take the short Glenelg-Skye ferry over to Skye!

Edinburgh traffic will be manic!! Without giving too much away on here, do you have a secure place to park the car where you're staying?

Thanks Mr Chairman... Just had to google what that was!!

Thanks Mr Chairman... Just had to google what that was!!

Did you go on images.  :oops:

So we set off today! Today's drive is London to Glasgow. We're taking the main roads, just so we can get up there as fast as possible, and then have more time to explore Scotland once we're there.

Early start today, leaving at 0615, but there are still smiles so far! Bought a 60L dry bag from LOMO and I have to say, it's great - thanks to Tom (Cotswolds AO) for the recommendation.

525C84A1-AE73-4420-8C69-050801D36840_zps[/url

http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/robj1987/media/Mobile%20Uploads/5F6C1E99-A6D5-454A-ACC7-DDAF3F63DC05_zpslqhblxds.jpg.html]5F6C1E99-A6D5-454A-ACC7-DDAF3F63DC05_zps

You guys have a great trip.

Don't forget to take plenty of pictures.

Your car looks well smart.