"Window" net for the Busa

KowloonExpress

Hello there,

Last couple of trackdays the track safety manager have started to knock down on kitcars without doors and no arm protection on the sides;  Anyone got a tip on where to find a window net with good fit for the megabusa (with aeroscreen)?  Would be just a low one, like the half doors something?

Thanks,

Fredrik

On UK tracks?

Only place I've seen them make drivers of seven type cars wear a strap holding there arms together is Santa Pod

The caterham Acadamy guys have to have arm restraints in their race series, might be worth a look at?

No, not UK, the time attack events in Sweden. Same for the Ariels without the plexiglass sides.  Arm restraint i would never use i'm afraid, feels unsafe in another way not to be able to get out of the car should something happen.. if that thing get stuck up, tangled in or something.  There are a lot of nets available for normal windowed cars, maybe i should just try get one of those and modify/cut it some way, i'll figure something out.  Thanks!

Had to get it last year as per regulations on "formula saloon" category..

got the TRS rectangular velcro window net.

Unless you have a full cage or a screen to attach it too securely I can't see any net being of any real use in a accident?

Alright, found a solution. Just need a fixing point forward below the aeroscreen something.   CosKev; No, you're right, no real use but at least i may drive:) Nothing is perfect and a full cage wont happen on that car, not many track days a year so far, mostly used on the street.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331776074113

Doubt it but i hope they will let you run..without the cage it will be odd to fit one,

and might not meet the regulations. 

Well, this is what they suggested so i suppose it will be accepted, just didn't find one before now. Full cage is not mandatory in the class i drive, it's just the missing arm protection that was the question.