As the title has anyone got a close ratio box for sale

prefer helical gear set

PM me please if you have

Thanks

Chris

Think there's one just behind the back legs of this :d

rocking_horse.jpg

• 4 months later...

6 speed is not really ideal with ratios 1.1 for 6th plus not sure that they are that good on torque

thanks though

2 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Or this one - no idea who the supplier is though?

MKF are the supplier I was looking at to supply gearset to rebuild my 2.8 box 

They are building my box now.  They seam very busy.  The guy I have been dealing with seams good.  

I'm picking my box up tomorrow from MKF.     I'll report back to what impression I get from the place.    Can't fault them so far but I neither have the box or paid yet :).

Id be interested in your feedback whether on the open forum or via PM.

Which version of box are you getting built?

Collected the box this morning.   A proper honest engineering place with the smell of cutting fluid.    A pile of disemboweled boxes among loads of other stuff happening.    The overall impression is that they are very busy.   I can't really comment on the quality of the work as  I've not fitted the box or tried it.   They have taken the time to sand blast the alloy, and paint the main housing and have used new bolts externally.     I also asked them to put a drain pug in the housing which he did at no extra charge.

The Spec. Heavy duty bearing,   2.74, 1.81, 1.26,1:1, 0.82.  I liked that I was not exchanging box as that leaves me me with a Spare box if i ever want it.  The type 9 boxes seams to ever to be getting more expensive on Ebay.   

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.