Seight, I can see the bottom of my flywheel, is that correct?

Badger56

Hi all,

Probably a daft question but, the bottom of my flywheel is exposed i.e. not covered by a plate or anything, is that correct?? it sits behind the sump but I would think it's subject to road dirt grit etc and really should have a plate in front of it. Anyone got any thoughts?

Cheers

Dave

Not really correct. It should have a cover plate. Easily available from Rimmer Bros and ebay. I think mine was about £25. It just bolts on although I cut mine down the centre so you can remove it without freeing the engine from the gearbox as the sump makes getting it into place a bit tight on mine. Others may be different.

Luke.

Not really correct. It should have a cover plate. Easily available from Rimmer Bros and ebay. I think mine was about £25. It just bolts on although I cut mine down the centre so you can remove it without freeing the engine from the gearbox as the sump makes getting it into place a bit tight on mine. Others may be different.

Luke.

Thanks for the rapid reply Luke, that's what I guessed, I can see one on e bay but may be getting the description wrong, another daft question but what would you call it? :-) 

Dave

I think its a dirt/splash shield (at least from the description in the link above).

Luke.

I have one of these in my garage, an original one in good condition. I am a bit busy this week but I can send a picture if you are interested, £15.00 delivered

Fantastic Luke & thanks again, looks like I could possibly make one (?) probably not worth if for the sake of 30 quid though.

Cheers

Dave

I have one of these in my garage, an original one in good condition. I am a bit busy this week but I can send a picture if you are interested, £15.00 delivered

Yes that would be great, definitely interested.

Dave

Managed to fabricate a dust shield from a thin sheet of aluminium, not perfect but way better than nothing and appears to work fine. Thanks All.