Power to weight ratio Mega S 2000 track car

GarethHD

Not wanting to cause any friction

You didn't

• Like 1

You didn't

Hey, friction is sometimes good ;-) Where would we be without clutch plates, brake pads and sticky tyres!

• Like 2

I suspect they probably meant 630 kg, or there abouts, and it got lost in translation somewhere!

Standard chassis are still available, though the spec will have changed a bit over the years, to include dropped floors etc and of course, standar also now means wide ;)

Was the blue car based on a regular or race chassis, Mick? I can't remember that much of the detail, now. :(

Let's not forget that a standard F20c engine is about 225bhp give or take abit and not 240.

• Like 1

Crikey guys, and I thought it was a simple enough question…..

so does anyone have any idea what Dave Cleaver's car is in terms of weight and power to weight ratio? If that appeals then we can look at how it is achieved.

but once again thanks very much for all the feedback, really appreciated...

BCF got the numbers right in the 2nd post :) There's a lot of carbon, some one-off stuff, and a home built stroker engine.

Not sure what track days are like in France, but IMO that would be way too fast to enjoy on a track day. Even 400bhp/ton and a half decent driver in a kit car and you very rarely get a clear lap...

• Like 1

I echo what Adam says

Big horsepower and lightweight cars are excellent for competitive sprinting but not a lot of fun as a track day machine which is why most speed series guys don't do track days.

I echo what Adam says

Big horsepower and lightweight cars are excellent for competitive sprinting but not a lot of fun as a track day machine which is why most speed series guys don't do track days.

I agree but most speed series guys are bored with going round in circles for much more than 1.75 laps on warm tyres when there is no clock ticking.

Honda vtec CECs and Honda fireblade BECs :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

True Paul!

Mines 630kg with aero screen & full cage, full tank of fuel & about 240bhp on throttle bodies, so about 380 Bhp per ton.

But I could supercharge it which would give me about 350bhp,so would give me about 585bhp per ton which I imagine would be mental!!!

Mines 630kg with aero screen & full cage, full tank of fuel & about 640bhp on throttle bodies, so about 380 Bhp per ton.

But I could supercharge it which would give me about 350bhp so would give me about 585bhp per ton which I imagine would be mental!!!

So you get less bhp with a super charger, I wouldn't bother if that's the case lol

;)

• Like 2

Funny isn't it how all those little "mistakes" pop up when listing the cars weight or power ;):p:d

• Like 1

I only have about 200bhp from 1000cc bike engine................ :laugh:

BCF got the numbers right in the 2nd post :) There's a lot of carbon, some one-off stuff, and a home built stroker engine.

Not sure what track days are like in France, but IMO that would be way too fast to enjoy on a track day. Even 400bhp/ton and a half decent driver in a kit car and you very rarely get a clear lap...

Sorry. 440bhp/ton... and an average bottom driver... :p