XTR2 For Sale - The Original Demo Car

Malgene

I have had a lot of enquires from abroad so suspect the weather and less restrictions offer temptation :)

Seriously tempted by this, just need to clear some garage space 1st, if you can hang on to the car for a few months i could leave you a deposit???

• Like 1

I'll look after it in my garage for a small fee. 

(I'm serious by the way, I've got space)

I would really love that car and it might even drag my son back from the arms of his woman in Sydney... Or not :cry:

I would doubt whether I could drive out of my driveway due to a sharp ridge preceded by a sharp dip. The nose would ground for sure. It's a slope becoming a steep slope up to the roadside path, then a short level bit across the path. My trailer doesn't like it either. :(

Alert Alert.

I have had loads of interest in the car, particularly from abroad via 'Classic Cars' for sale, albeit they want the car fully complete and sorted.  I am therefore in the hands of the factory to complete it.

I am now going to use it on track next year with a 'For Sale' sign on it. This will allow me to take interested parties out and demonstrate its capability.

Andy 

• 8 months later...

Curiosity only, but did this car ever get sold? 

46 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Is that now @hu7ch's?

I think it is

You're right, thanks. I was already rather hoping it was sold so that I couldn't splurge a whole load of dosh and incur the Good Lady's wrath into the bargain, but having seen that post and watched the video I am even more relieved. I hope, for the sake of the new owner, that it isn't too expensive a problem. :(

Hi guys 

yeah it's the one, 

collected it needing to be put back together, definitely didn't look like it did in the advert but I didn't give £14.5k for it so I can't moan.

Think it's the rings or a piston that's died, I've started taking it out, going to take it back to extreme engines to be looked at. My plan was to have some tidying up done on the car during winter anyway but wasn't planning on a engine rebuild.

12 hours ago, hu7ch said:

Hi guys 

yeah it's the one, 

collected it needing to be put back together, definitely didn't look like it did in the advert but I didn't give £14.5k for it so I can't moan.

Think it's the rings or a piston that's died, I've started taking it out, going to take it back to extreme engines to be looked at. My plan was to have some tidying up done on the car during winter anyway but wasn't planning on a engine rebuild.

Hopefully there's no bore damage. Why is it that bike engines seem to be more fragile in cars than in their original application I wonder?

4 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

Hopefully there's no bore damage. Why is it that bike engines seem to be more fragile in cars than in their original application I wonder?

a mixture of more weight to propel and less cool air-flow...

The additional mass had occurred to me, and at one time the lack of lean may have been relevant. When carbs were the norm the bike carbs' float chambers could malfunction with the side forces, but now injection is used that shouldn't apply. As for airflow, surely the correct water and oil cooling should deal with any heat removal problems. Just how valid the added mass of a car vs a bike is as far as longevity is concerned I am not qualified to say, but surely it's not insurmountable to improve bearings and oil provision. A dry sump set up won't be starved by lateral G forces will it? If the engines were air cooled I can see that cooling could be inadequate, but with liquid cooling why would that be insurmountable?

Shifting more mass has to put it under more load, and for longer?

During cornering on a bike the centrifugal forces possibly keep the oil quite stable in the sump?

Think also of the deceleration forces when braking etc? A bike if you bang down to many gears it will skid or lock the rear tyre, imagine the forces that big sticky car tyres could impose on the engine which it would never normally experience? Massive engine braking it was never designed for. The early Hayabusa didn't have a slipper clutch the gen 2 does but don't people junk it and fit a beefy clutch instead!

I have 2009 Hayabusa and people think your thrashing it all the time! Well that engine in a bike produces 95mph in first gear 155 in third and it hits its speed limiter at 186 still in fifth leaving sixth for better economy!! LOL    So that engine doesn't get that much of a workout even when the bike is flying, mines been abroad and around some tracks including the "ring" but trust me it flys with very little effort. 

Click the link and watch one fly! Just watch how fast the speedo rises it like watching a rev counter hence my comment about these engines don't get thrashed because you soon backing off!!!! Also on a bike try holding 150mph plus for long, err I think not, next time your a passenger in a car on the motorway pop your head out the window and feel the air pressure  :oops: 

• Like 1

Sweet Jeez, that speedo does moves as fast as the tachometer at times. It’s relentless too. Gulp.

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.