Walker st Clair vs soft bits covers

Sparkymart

I'm looking at getting a cockpit cover for the westy to take to Silverstone as I'm sure we won't get 3 days straight without rain lol

So which one do I go for? I spoke to someone at softbits and I was told there cover is actually made for the cateringvans and not the Westfield but it should fit but he wasn't sure if it would fit with the RAC rollbar and it looks like the wind deflectors will need to come off as well anyone any experience with these?

The Walker st Clair cover looks like it will cover everything including any luggage on the back but it looks like it could fill up with water if there was a heavy shower

Any feedback gratefully received

i have a walker covers on my aeroscreened westy with the playskool roll bar it does cover the whole rear of the car but you do need to get it tight to stop puddling. i got the sewing machine out and afixed another set of loops at the fron so i now have two bungee cords underneath from side to side and it pulls tight. i think alot of my fitment issuse are to do with where my mirrors are and how wide they are

I have a Soft Bits cover that they made for me and it is the first they made for a Westfield.

Mine is the normal hoop roll bar though.

I am not sure if they could adapt the template for you if you gave them some measurements.

I believe they are also shown on their website now under the Westfield section. 

I had the walker St Clair cover as well and I prefer the more secure and fitted fit of the Soft Bits cover.

There is some clearance also for the cover to go over my luggage on my luggage rack.

I also have to lift off my wind deflectors but its not difficult as they just lift off the pins and I leave them inside the car.

My cover just folds up and lives behind my seat.

This is mine fitted to Buttercup.

IMG_0608_zpsw769xzwa.jpg

Cheers guys I do like the fitted look of the softbits cover. Geoffrey has yours got the reversible silver inside?

Hi.

I have not tried to reverse the cover but it is silver inside.

I can try it at the weekend and take a picture if it helps.

Hi.

I have not tried to reverse the cover but it is silver inside.

I can try it at the weekend and take a picture if it helps.

thanks Geoffrey but I was only wondering if it was the same as the one advertised on there site

thanks Geoffrey but I was only wondering if it was the same as the one advertised on there site

Yes it is exactly the same.

My old black car is the one shown on the softbits site with what they call the storm cap. It actually fitted a lot better than they show in the photos where it's not really been pulled tight on the adjustable straps. I used it during some torrential overnight downpours in France and it was totally waterproof. Highly recommended.

The soft bits cover fits a Westfield standard roll hoop, it did not fit my car with MSA bar, the bar was too high so the cover did not reach the bodywork. not sure about the fit on a RAC bar? also Soft bits can tailor make I think.

Ive just bought St Clair one looks like it will suit all.

Recently got a Walker St Clare. seems fairly tight once I'd sorted the orientation and a suitable under-car bungee.

Very good value too.

Good tip if you have an aeroscreen with walker cover is to stick a brolly under it to make it "tent" otherwise water pools and seeps through.

Cheers guy's I reckon I'll go for the walker cover as I can guarantee that it will fit

Chris I like the idea of the brolly that would probably work even with a screen on

I've got full screen, perspex wind deflectors and MSA roll bar, the Walker fits easily.

God tip with the brolly tho, as I always carry my WSCC one in the car just in case anyway.

Don't use a brolly with a point top though.

You could stick a pingpong ball over the tip of the umbrella.

• Like 1

Have any of you guys who have added bungies/cords to the St Clair cover got any pics you can post up of it fitted?