chriss1455

Zetec thermostat housing

chriss1455

My thermostat housing decided to snap a part off and I'm having trouble finding the same one.

Mine uses the bottom hole for the temperature sender rather than the top hole.

99B17F14-6A67-48A0-9712-7FE5FEFC8C83_zps

Does anyone have any advice on where I can get a new one from other than ford direct as there the only place I seem to be able to find that has one the same. Or anyway to adapt a different one?

congorobot

Are both top and bottom not for temp senders. They are on mine.

chriss1455

I thought the top one goes into the ecu? My top one has a connector plug in but it has never been connected to anything

Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO

Chris pretty sure I have one complete with a temp sender. Will look for you tomorrow if you want. Only thing is, I reckon it's a push fit sender rather than screw in, but might work just the same?

Julie Hall - Peak District AO

My local Ford main dealer was able to order one in for me when I gave them the number written on the side of it.

Happy birthday btw.

chriss1455

My local Ford main dealer was able to order one in for me when I gave them the number written on the side of it.

Happy birthday btw.

Thanks Julie,

and I can source one from my local ford bit was wondering if there was a cheaper yet as good an alternative

chriss1455

Chris pretty sure I have one complete with a temp sender. Will look for you tomorrow if you want. Only thing is, I reckon it's a push fit sender rather than screw in, but might work just the same?

If you wouldn't mind Chris, I can pop over and have a look see if it's the same as what I need sometime

Might just st need to swap connectors. But it's yours if you need it.

MarkFRST

Think i've got one of these in the garage if you get stuck, not sure exactly what sensors it has but it is definately this older style housing as i use the later one piece blacktop one now.

chriss1455

Thanks mark, looking st the one Chris has tomorrow if it's no good I will be in touch

It's actually quite difficult to find one that matches Chris's one. Most on eBay etc are from a focus or blacktop so don't have the same screw in fitting for the temp sender that he uses.

I've given him one with a sender that might work, so fingers crossed. Otherwise it's silly money to get one from mr ford!

Nick Clarke
On 09/06/2016 at 09:31, MarkFRST said:

Think i've got one of these in the garage if you get stuck, not sure exactly what sensors it has but it is definately this older style housing as i use the later one piece blacktop one now.

Hi Mark, long shot but fo you still have this?

Nick.