Problem with trackrod ends

stephenh

Sounds like the wishbones need to be longer to me then the steering rack wouldn't need shortening

Very true, John, but then the factory would have to alter the front clamshell, to open out the front arches like the Lotus XI series 2, otherwise the tyres would foul on the arches every time you went round a corner! 

Colin Chapman discovered that the almost completely enclosed arches didn't work too well for road use, in about 1958!!

How much do you think you need to remove from the track rods? 1/4 inch? or more? Is the arch clearance really that tight so as not to be able to accommodate that?

John, I think I need to extend the threading on the trackrods, and shorten them, by about 15mm.

As for longer lower wishbones, I don't think in reality that that is a cost effective solution.