Westfield parts shop lost patience no wheels!

Chrisj09

Hi all, I'm after some advice, you'll have to stay with this its a little long winded, anyway 4 weeks ago I ordered some pro race wheels as part of westfields special offer deal with tyres. Paid for them and some other bits. Got the smaller parts but two weeks later no sign of the wheels. Chased Westfield, apparently purchasing had ordered them but as I wanted et15 they where special order to manufacture and I would have to wait another two weeks!. Now something didn't sound right so I emailed rim stock the producers of pro race wheels, and apparently there on the shelf ex stock!! So went back to Westfield and sent them the email, finally got an answer and they would be ready last week. Last week came and went chased and was guaranteed they would be with me today. Anyway chased at ten to five today, got an answer there had been a problem with the courier and they would come back to me when they knew more!

I've lost my patience with this one now but what do you think I should do, I'm fed up with constantly chasing. All advice welcome!

No unfortunately not, there was a 3% surcharge on a credit card! Wish I had now!

Perhaps just sit it out and then ask for some "goodwill gesture" for the delay?

Your only missing wheels ? I dont have time to write what I am missing, its that much. I will be on the daily call to the shop tomorrow, as tonight I am also missing one sodding copper washer arrgrgghhhh. 

I'm surprised they are still going to be honest. 

• Like 1

Russ, so am I.  Had an update, had to chase again this morning, I gave them until COB today for my wheels.  Simply got a message back saying they cant get them to me today, so have offered a refund if I would prefer.  So I'm thinking they weren't there in the first place!

So 4 weeks down the line, not to be able to supply me a set of wheels which are off the shelf and I've paid for, does make you wonder!

get you money back and get on the phone to rim stock direct and get some tyre off ebay  will probably cost you abit more money but you will get sorted within a couple of days

I'm really suprised.

I thought this rubish service was only overseas. I used to deal on behalf of two friends from spain due their poor english...

delay absolute record was 8 months for a upgraded brakes and a sump, that was leaving Uk everyday I was calling. (each 4 days more or less).

Finaly, sump arrived wrong sided and brake hoses short.

Average was 3 months waiting.

Parts shop are ridiculously poor at all orders it would seem check mine out about a carpets set

I will find all manafacturers of anything before I use them again

Working in distribution ... It's not exactly rocket science

What exactly is the issue ?

Working in distribution ... It's not exactly rocket science

What exactly is the issue ?

I once paid for and waited nearly 4 months for some items that the manufacturer told me were in stock all that period.  But as they were a Westfield only part they could not sell directly to me.

It really is a complete mystery what could be the cause of this issue between Westfield and their suppliers.

• Like 1