Abingdon Track Day 23rd Sept - In memory of a Cotswold Member

Tom Frankland (T3OMF)

lol lol.................  

As long as there's loads of Westfields, I don't care really  :p  :p  :p  :p

That's a good turn out boys, 16 of you on the same day.     The most Essex boys we've had on a trackday is 10.

• Like 1

Without wishing to tempt fate....forecast is looking favourable.  I'll keep doing my anti-rain dance.......

• Like 2

Keep on dancing Mike, it is working

My car is all prepped and ready to go, I have set the tyre pressures to 17psi instead of 18psi to see if it feels any different this time

• Like 1

Gary, having never been to Abingdon yet, what side of the runway do people normally park on??

I'll try and segregate some parking for us on the other side  ;)  ;)  :t-up:

Right hand side on the way in. Won't be able to park on the left as it's not that wide and they generally do the noise tests on the left.

ARB now fitted, still need to torque the suspension bolts and refit the FW light covers. And pick up the trailer. And pack. And find some talent.

• Like 1

Taking mine on a trailer this time, just in case!  All loaded up and ready to go.  Going direct to Abingdon this time as I'll go down the motorway/A34 route.

And I'm still dancing'....making Ed Balls look like Rudolph Nureyev!  :d

• Like 1

Ah yes, good point. Some of us are meeting at Sainsbury's Stratton (near J15 M4) at 7:45am if anyone wants to join our little convoy.

I'm usually late.

You rotten sods! Abingdon is a favourite and it was full up weeks ago. :(

BTW Hope you all have a great time!

That was, quite possibly, the best track day I've been on. A fitting tribute.

It was a great day.  Around 20 Westies, which is the most I've seen in one place outside Stoneleigh.  My only gripe was the lack of straights for overtaking following the changes to the track layout. It led to a fair few lunges to overtake in the braking areas and rather than improving safety by slowing everything down, I thing it increased the risk by making the hot heads take chances.  

Really enjoyed it, though.

• Like 2

Cracking day guys, thanks to everyone who was here making it into one of the best airfield days I have ever been on

• Like 2

Yep, could not agree more.

Fantastic day, superb weather, great camaraderie

Thanks for the help in the paddock guys, you know who you are

• Like 2

Great day most Westys I've seen on a trackday,first time ive been here and i liked the track layout especially the fast tight chicanes