Abingdon Track Day 23rd Sept - In memory of a Cotswold Member

Tom Frankland (T3OMF)

I have spoken to Natasha from "Motor Sports Events" and secured free tuition to people who book in under the Cotswold WSCC name.

I have also spoken to Gary Lucas from the Oxford Area and they were also planning on attending this event, so we said we would have 1 thread running for this event.

http://orders.motorsport-events.com/EventDetails.aspx?EventID=0ac375b0-abe5-49cd-9888-51014148aa71

£129.00 per driver

We lost a very long standing member of the Cotswold Club Mr Chris Varey, he was our main track day organizers and always  persuading people to come along and have a go. He was the main person that got me on the track and taught me a lot over the years for which I'm very grateful........

I phoned up and did my booking as it is easier, see below for the reason why.

We are hoping to have lots of Westfields at this event, as I am working alongside our neighbouring Cotswold Area. If you speak to Natasha and tell her you are a Westfield Sports Car Club member and mention my name she will add you onto a list and you will receive a free lesson with one of their instructors as a club member perk.

If you have or are planning on booking this event, let us know and we can start a name list going

Attendees

Thomas Frankland - BOOKED
Mike Hardwick (Mooch) - BOOKED
Barry Ashcroft
tightscot
Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO - BOOKED
reeves_luke89
Dommo - BOOKED
CL290005
1959grantura
James Alexander
Chris Lomax
Ken Philps
Gordon Downie
Oliver Sighe (Maybe Tony)
Antony Thompson - BOOKED
Martin Clark
Kirt Beaton
  • Like 1

Attendees

Thomas Frankland

Mike Hardwick (Mooch)

What's the noise limit mate

Usually 100db with MSE airfield days

^ cool now I'm down at 98db I'll get this booked

Attendees

Thomas Frankland

Mike Hardwick (Mooch)

Put me down please

Usually 100db with MSE airfield days

Noise

The strict rule at Abingdon is 100dB(A) at 0.5 metres and at 4500 rpm, for motorcycle engine cars we require this to be 3/4 of maximum rpm. Additionally cars that rev over 7500 rpm plus rotary type engines and V-tec type engines will also be tested at 3/4 of maximum rpm. Whilst officially no drive-by monitoring will take place the Event Manager reserves the right to remove any car from the track and prohibit further track driving if a car is deemed to be causing excessive noise that may cause long term harm to the venue. If you have doubts about conforming to this please contact us ASAP. These rules will be enforced rigidly, so if you have any doubts either consider adding extra silencing or do not come. There will be noise testing for everyone prior to track driving commencing. Please note that we do not allow any race or competition cars to participate only cars which meet a road legal standard (cars which are both race or rally cars and also road legal are permitted). THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. Please note that if you require a silencer to pass the noise test you must keep this in place all day. Removal will result in your car being excluded from the track for the rest of the day. 

Sadly won't be at this one as I'll be on holiday but have a blast all!

• Like 2

I am in for this one

Also Lue Howard from our area will be.

I will get it booked up soon

Thanks for starting the thread off Tom

• Like 1

Latest 

Attendees

Thomas Frankland

Mike Hardwick (Mooch)
Barry Ashcroft
tightscot
Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO
Lue Howard
  • Like 1

You can add me to the list.

• Like 1

If there is still spaces when I come to book it I will be there too!!

Attendees

Thomas Frankland
Mike Hardwick (Mooch)
Barry Ashcroft
tightscot
Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO
reeves_luke89
Dommo
CL290005
1959grantura