Monday 4th July

Croft Circuit

Open Pit lane Format

Price includes:

Tuition 

Photography

Snacks & Drinks

07.30 to 17.00 

Looks like a bargain, since I just paid £189 for a Javelin day in April with no tuition, snacks or photography.

Would be good to see some other westfields on the track as there were only three at the last event I went to. Myself and a friend will be there in a Megabusa and Megablade. 

:) Dean 

What do you mean by open pit lane? I presume it is a track day where you use your own car. What safety gear do you need and what spec does the car need to be, i.e tyres,roll cage/bar,coveralls, helmet etc. thanks

Hi Ollie,

Yes you use your own car, you can take any car as long as it's roadworthy, and safe. 

Tyres - you can use road tyres, slicks, wets, whatever you like.

Roll Protection - again you can run with a smaller roll bar like my friend did, but it is really recommended you have at least an RAC roll bar in case the worst happens.

Personal protective equipment - mandatory is a full face helmet and clothing covering your arms, I went round in some waterproofs and a pair of bikers gloves. 

Open Pit lane basically means that you queue up at the pit lane exit and 25 or so cars are allowed on the track at a time, usually you get straight on the track and can stay on for as long as you like, if not you'll wait no longer than 5 minutes to get on. I went on an open pit lane format on monday and had 5 x 20-30minutes sessions went through a tank and a bit. But could have doubled that if you were really keen. 

In all it's a really easy way to get the most out of a westfield in a safe environment and it's a lot of fun. If you use the car on the road now, you should be fine. Check tyres, brakes, bushes, fluids and you should be good to go. 

Dean

Hi Dean,  Thanks for the info sounds a great day, I have been around Croft on a racing car experience day and really enjoyed it. My 1600 xflow Westy is not going to break any records but I would love to drive it on the track.     How do you book , direct with Croft? 

Thanks Peter

Hi Peter, 

Sorry a link would have been a good idea, and here it is; 

http://opentrack.co.uk/epages/8f6001fa-6391-406b-b2c4-02ec9ed70325.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/8f6001fa-6391-406b-b2c4-02ec9ed70325/Categories/Croft_Circuit

Add what you wish to use, 

it £30 for an extra driver and £10 for a passenger £30 for a pit lane garage. I've got a garage booked but you don't really need one unless you're worried about getting rained on in July :) 

Whats the general standard of driving like its it an open pit lane? 

Hi Andy, 

Generally everyone is pretty good, the last one I was at the majority of cars were race prepared/track cars (people who are practicing for a race/sprint/setting up their cars), so most people knew what they were doing. There was a couple of people just sunday driving around, but nothing dangerous. I'm going to upload a youtube video later, will link it here. 

Hmm doing Blyton on the Friday - not sure I can get time off on the Monday before (although I'm the boss, lots of work on!)

I'd love to do this. Although just like Chris, getting 2 separate days off of work in one week for a track day is going to be a big push, see how much magic I can work to make both this and blyton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...