Road going sprint car (Now sorted)

D7PNY

Hi all,

After the sad demise of my Westfield I am looking to find a new car.

Having had 2 now I pretty much know the spec I want. First car was aeroscreen and stripped out and a bit tatty to look at, second was immaculate and had screen and half hood and much preferred the usability with the screen (also meant I could take my son out with me)

Last car was basically a sprint/track car but all the mod cons (carpets/screen etc) still fitted and this is what I am after again. Perhaps maybe with a little/lot extra power.

The blue one for sale at the moment is pretty well spot on spec wise with the exception of having full cage/aeroscreen. If I could fit screen/doors/half hood with the cage then it would be ideal. I would possibly consider a car with full cage but it would have to be a bonkers fast car for me to consider compromising the practicality.

Ideal spec would include:
- 200+ bhp on injection
- good spec gearbox
- widetrack and decent suspension
- quick rack or normal with competition steering arms
- anti roll bars
- alloy uprights
- decent brakes
- LSD
- lowered floors a bonus but not critical
- MSA approved rollbar
- prefer the smaller headlights
- r888s or similar (list 1b)
- half hood
- reliability a must as I drive to and from events!

This is the old car so shows the kind of look I like...
Fintray%2023-05-15%201_zps5ndagty7.jpg

Obviously, I know its nigh on impossible to find the perfect spec car straight out the box but after losing all the hard work in my yellow one I don't think I can face another labour of love so soon. Changing out one or two things I can handle but a rebuild not something I want to do again just now.

Dave

Should say, budget flexible (ish) and how much I can justify will depend on how fair the insurance companies involved are!

10-12k ball park but could be flexible for the right car by employing some man maths ;)

Good example of what I'm after is probably a Westfield equivalent of an r500 (with less power with the budget constraints I guess!)

Yes correct. That's when I picked it up.

Happy to answer any questions.

tried to send pm says you cannot receive?

tried to send pm says you cannot receive?

Apologies - inbox was full.

Sorted now.

Dave

Dave if you speak to Fraser at Blink Motorsport in Cheshire 01606 212326  it was his and yes very nice too. Alternatively he is in here

• Like 1

Thanks young pretender. Car looks lovely but just not for me I'm afraid. No-one up here that can work with bike engines so just not something I'd be comfortable with unfortunately.

Have friends with BEC's and a nightmare having to send engine down south anytime it needs work.

Dave

Dave has seen my car and driven it. I won't speak for him but I think he really liked it but was put off by the lack of windscreen! And now looks like he has upped his budget! I reckon the 5.5k saved could buy a windscreen and a hell of alot of petrol and tyres! Hell might even stretch to a turbo! Ha ha ! :)

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.