GUTTED! May need a new westfield :(

D7PNY

my eyes ...MY EYES !!!! ;o)

Happy endings are always great

• Like 1

Aaaarghhh, my eyes

The darkside  :getmecoat:

Congrats on the new car - whats the spec? what does it rev to?

So... how does it compare then? (apart from being evil that is) :)

• Like 1

Short story is it is basically an R300.

Long story is: Started life as Roadsport, went back to Caterham a year old and was converted to Supersport R spec.

That means, 1.8k (uprated bearings), 6 speed gearbox, Caterhams roller barrel throttle bodies, R300 MBE ECU, Widetrack suspension with bilstein suspension.  Other upgrades since then include a LSD and lightweight flywheel and an R500 exhaust.  Supposedly around 165bhp so similar to my westy but Caterham a fair bit lighter. The caterham throttle bodies sound FANTASTIC!

Taking a bit of getting used to driving it being so small and I've had to adjust the pedals to aid heel/toe but you can definitely notice the size difference compared to Westy!  Had it on track last weekend and not as easy to hold a slide as my westy but I had competition steering arms on it (and knew the car well to be fair!)

Lose a bit of the 'character' of the westy as it definitely feels like more of a factory car (if that makes sense).

Caterham parts definitely despatched parts quicker than Westfield ;)

Dave

Looks nice! Carrying plenty of negative camber but who knows - it's a Caterham. Glad you've got it all sorted out - well done.

Looks nice! Carrying plenty of negative camber but who knows - it's a Caterham. Glad you've got it all sorted out - well done.

The Caterhams always seem to have a fair amount of negative camber.  I have a set up sheet somewhere in the folder and from memory when I was reviewing this it is set at -2 on the front.  Can't remember the toe out setting.

Feels very similar on turn in to my westfield that was between -1.5 and -2.  Doesn't feel like I have to be quite so aggressive on the brakes to get turn in on the caterham though.

Dave

Looks like a nice car, glad you finally got sorted.

A little thought on insurance though guys, to avoid any arguments about what my cars worth if its nicked or destroyed by fire the best way to combat the worry of a very low payout by insurance companies is to get an agreed value policy. Tell the insurance company what your car is worth TO REPLACE and to pay the premium for that figure. If you can stretch to it. Which im guessing most can here as most happily spend on car related trinkets. Well put it to use protecting your pride n joy and dont have heart ache. Agreed policies do away with the 'ooooo lets see what its worth, parts from 20yr old ford, 10p,' which grinds my teeth. Dont give them the satisfaction.

Glad you got sorted..

Looks like a nice car, glad you finally got sorted.

A little thought on insurance though guys, to avoid any arguments about what my cars worth if its nicked or destroyed by fire the best way to combat the worry of a very low payout by insurance companies is to get an agreed value policy. Tell the insurance company what your car is worth TO REPLACE and to pay the premium for that figure. If you can stretch to it. Which im guessing most can here as most happily spend on car related trinkets. Well put it to use protecting your pride n joy and dont have heart ache. Agreed policies do away with the 'ooooo lets see what its worth, parts from 20yr old ford, 10p,' which grinds my teeth. Dont give them the satisfaction.

Glad you got sorted..

Agreed.

Doing what I do for a living I would say I am pretty good at arguing my corner but the insurance company definitely adopted the "it's ok, he'll give up soon" approach.

At renewal I will be investigating an agreed value policy to avoid the issue in future. Although ironically, market value possibly easier to establish on a caterham I am still going to investigate the more robust policy.

Dave

It looks good Dave.

Given your size did you look at a sv model?

Doug

Glad you got it sorted, a happy ending. :)

Heathen. :p

It looks good Dave.

Given your size did you look at a sv model?

Doug

Yeah but only so I like the look of is the car 260 which is erm, a bit out of budget!

It's definitely snug but I do fit, just.

Dave