GUTTED! May need a new westfield :(

D7PNY

all that work and such a fine car , really gutted fro you :(

Just to repeat everyone else's comments :-(

Now I just have to try and decide on what direction to go with new car.

Whatever I do, I'll always compare it to the yellow car which was already in great condition before I did the rebuild so was immaculate before recent events.

Great handling, quick car :(

Started with a very nice road car and tried to work my way towards the ultimate road going sprint car.  With a bit of luck the right car will come along so I don't miss out on summer.

Or the devil on my shoulder suggesting BEC...

Will have to have a good long think whilst waiting for insurance money.

Dave

Have you seen it yet?  Do you actually want to see it might be a better question. :(

Sorry to hear about news couldn't happen at a worse time especially at the start of season !

Just be aware of insurance company's Car ran into my Striker in city centre total loss and the insurance company said it was difficult to value and offered me £1500 eventually settled for £5000

Good luck William

Yeah, I figured there will be a bit of 'to and fro' before agreeing a settlement.

Pulled together list of spec so that will hopefully help witin this regard.

Blue one currently for sale on here is VERY similar spec (with the exception of mine having lower spec engine/gearbox) but that car is older than mine so hopefully be able to use that to help evidence my value.

Hell, if the settlement comes through quick enough I'd be interested in buying it (although doesn't have screen etc)

I know what I would've expected for it selling so hopefully I can get that from insurance with minimal pain.

Dave

• Like 1

Hopefully insurance pays out quickly and you can find a replacement!

Really sorry to hear about this, such heart wrenching bad luck

Andy

Oh my............. not much more can be said. Weird how that front tyre didnt burn when the rest was totally incinerated. I'd be calling to find out what their insurance is going to progress and keep hounding them. They should offer you a car of similar ' type' to use until they pay out. Make sure you try this, as if it isnt costing them anything, they will sit on the payment for ages. Voice of experience with my mate who thought he would be a tight scotsman with his renewal and his car was stolen. Took them 6 months , for no outgoing costs to them before he got a cheque. 

I am good friends with the owner so he is well on the case from their side for me.

Progressing the claim through my insurance as was advised this is the best way by my insurance and they will then pass it down the insurance chain so to speak.

Corner the remaining tyre is on is closest to the door and fire brigade were putting water in there so I can only assume it was last to catch light and first to get water.

Such a shame for such an immaculate car.

Just hope I can find one as good.