GUTTED! May need a new westfield :(

D7PNY

Really terrible Dave, you must be devastated. No car deserves to die like that :(

Really upset for you and your loss.  Not sure what we can do, if anything, to help, but we are here for you.  Hope insurance does you proud, but it can't replace all the effort you've put into the car. :(

It's an awful thing, one I experienced personally as a boy of 12 when the family home caught fire at 7:45 AM on 2 January, dead of winter and two foot of snow on the ground.  By 8:15 AM, everything was gone and I do mean everything, whoosh! and that's your lot.  It's hard to describe what that feels like, to have your whole life and reality turned upside down without warning in just a few minutes, apart from being just plain sickening and heart-breaking.  (No injuries, thank goodness.)

Very sorry to see this too. I can only imagine what you are feeling now.

Just had it confirmed. Everything in workshop gone :(

Garage have been on to their insurers to get the ball rolling.

Really feel for the business owners. Must be devestating!  Fortunately for the garage (who I am good friends with) their main garage/workshop is across the road and clear of damage.  Their office is destroyed though.

Dave

Sad news indeed.  Hope the insurance does the right thing and you get back to where you were.  I feel your pain regarding the effort that went into making that car your own.  At least no one injured or worse and cars can be replaced.  

Really bad news Dave. Just saw this on the BBC News website. Fingers crossed for a decent (and quick) outcome from their insurers. At least no one was hurt.

Matt

Horrific.

Fingers crossed for a speedy and "proper" resolution for you from the insurance companies.

Gutting. All can be hoped for now is a good relatively pain free insurance process that allows you to build something as good or if not better, if by then your heart is still in it.

Deepest condolences  :down:

Sorry to hear this. Good Luck with the insurers - couldn't be a worse time for loss of an essentially summer vehicle too. :down: As someone else said, at least no injuries...

Absolutely terrible news.

Like most Westfield owners, I know just how much time and effort, not to mention hard cash, goes into improving and modifying our cars. To see it all go up in smoke must be totally devastating for you.

I too know the Proprietor of the affected garage and like you have been a customer there for many years. Fortunately the main workshop appears to have been spared and I am sure the business will get back on its feet soon, although I guess this is of little consolation to you at this point in time.

I feel your pain. Hope you get everything sorted out quickly and without too much trouble.

• Like 2