GUTTED! May need a new westfield :(

D7PNY

Oh man, absolutely gutted for you, not sure how I'd feel at this Moment! Really hope the insurance gets sorted quick!

Simply awful. Dreadful. :(

The one thing that can't accurately be described is the smell of a burnt-out building, but if something awful like this happens to you, it's a smell you never forget, a sickly, smoky charred odour that gets into your pores, hair and clothing, and which you can smell for the rest of your life every time you see something similar in the news. Just seeing these photos takes me back 44 years and I can still remember that smell.

We're all with you in spirit - here's to a swift and generous resolution.

Under the circumstances Dave, that's extraordinarily generous in spirit of you. :yes:

Yeah, I'd forgotten about the sheer volume of water, mainly because when it happened to me it was the dead of winter and about -10F.  What was left of the house the next day was a mix of a blackened and charred skeleton covered in thick ice and icicles - very surreal and sad.

• Like 1

Under the circumstances Dave, that's extraordinarily generous in spirit of you. :yes:

Yeah, I'd forgotten about the sheer volume of water, mainly because when it happened to me it was the dead of winter and about -10F. What was left of the house the next day was a mix of a blackened and charred skeleton covered in thick ice and icicles - very surreal and sad.

Don't get me wrong, devastated about the car but having someone you know well list everything they've lost in the fire kind of hits home and makes my losses seem insignificant.

4 customers cars (including a couple of classics) a few of their own race cars, a couple of race engines, several snap on tool chests etc etc. And here was me worried about my emergency toolkit in the westfields boot as it had my favourite set of ratchet spanners in it!

• Like 2

No loss of life and everything else can be replaced.

Will just take a bit of time. Good luck and hope your back into westy ownership shortly.

• Like 1

Dave, seen this on the news and gutted for you…we will have to wait a while for a run out, hopefully you get the insurance sorted and pick up something soon..

Dave, 

It's all been said, I just hope all parties concerned do the right thing by you, you cannot put a value on enthusiasm and the love and time lavished on your pride and joy.

Best of Luck

Had a chat at Stoneleigh with Dave's insurers who assured me they are on the case and very sympathetic, so fingers crossed.

• Like 3

Oh man, how am I just reading this now! Dave, as others have voiced .. absolutely gutted for you, mate!

Thanks for all the moral support guys. Hopefully things can progress this week with insurance so I at least know where I stand.

Only downside so far is that all the really nice cars I've been offered are aeroscreened but tempted to venture back into the madness that is aeroscreened motoring...watch this space ;)

Remember that the windscreen and half hood... Can be retrofitted with no so much pain. In fact screen or aeroscreen does not define the caritself as being a cheap and easy retrofit.

Just buy the car that suits you with the expensive bits... (Engine transmission and suspension) and go for the aesthetics and "comfort" stuff later on. Don't try to find you ideal specification as you lost one... As this does not exist. Always will be people striping road cars to make them sprint ones... So easy to find mats hoods and screens for some pennys.

Glad you are moving on after this terrible experience.

Good luck with you hunt!!

That's a real p.....r. Am to gutted for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...that's the keys posted to insurance along with the V5 etc.

Cost me nearly £9 to send special delivery I have that much paperwork to back up my claim and the service history  :cry:

Hopefully move swift enough from here on in and I can get back out before 'summer' is over!

Just got to hope the value can be agreed fairly easily!

Dave