Binky, Binky, Binky!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

I would have thought the whole car will have to be stripped back to the bare shell so it can be painted. 

If you leave the plugs off you would never know if everything works. At least the way they are doing it proves everything in stages rather than in one big lump at the end. 

• Like 1

Exactly, they are constantly plugging everything in and testing as they “complete” any section of loom. Just like they laid it all out and mocked it up on the workshop floor in the early stages.

I’m in the same place really, complete and test every system, knowing full well it all has to come apart later for paint. Painful at times, but it is the best way to go about it.

• Like 1

The guys are pretty local to me in Shropshire. I’ve asked them if I/we can visit in the spring to see the car and have a chat & cuppa. 

Richard has replied and seems supportive. I’ll get back in touch with him after the winter.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Episode 21 should be up, (for Patrons)  tonight, 8pm ish, and for everyone else, tomorrow evening, (The 31st) as a New Year’s Eve treat!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've just started watching these from the beginning, following the recommendation on here.

What a brilliant build, and all rather humbling, these guys can cut/weld steel more accurately that I could knock up a simple CAD. 

Pleade, No spoilers I'm only on episode 5.

• 4 weeks later...

Episode 23 is on the Tube. Coming thick and fast now.

Met them at the Raceretro show. What a nice couple of blokes, very genuine. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

And if Binky is not enough .....The escargot episode 1 is out !!!

Watched yesterday, it’s quite different to Binky, but for those of us sad enough to be wearing BoM onesies while outside working on our cars, it was good fun! 

The production values are way more like the very early Binky episodes, before they got as slick as they are now, but it’s a measure of both guys, that their presenting style and personalities still shines through, and in my opinion carries it off - though you might want to reach for the volume control when they’re driving the Cargo to the weighbridge, it’s hideously loud in that thing, and sounds awful! :laugh:

• Like 1

I watched it too, although watching 2 guys strip out the interior wasn't great I'm sure when they start building it up again there will be some interesting solutions.

Quite satisfying watching other people struggle with rusty bolts !

And all the crap dropping on his face!:laugh: