Binky, Binky, Binky!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

I may have spent about two hours last night watching the first few episodes - there go my next few evenings!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Exitus said:

I may have spent about two hours last night watching the first few episodes - there go my next few evenings!

Dont rush threw them???I made that mistake and watched loads in a couple of weeks!

Then you have to wait ages for a new one!:d

Now the guys are on it full time, they’re coming through much faster. Not weekly, to be sure, but not yearly now either!

• Haha 1

On 04/10/2018 at 19:28, nice_guy said:

I would measure progress in weight of steel.

By that metric, I finished my project 6 months ago :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched episode 20 tonight, so it should be on general release in the next day or so.

It’s so nice to know someone has built a heavier “small car” than me! I am beginning to wonder if the original A series might have had a better power to weight ratio! But the shear engineering involved - wait till you see the alternator/AC pump set up is staggering!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I am beginning to wonder if the original A series might have had a better power to weight ratio!

:laugh:

That alternator solution is absolutely superb! And loving that aerospace part (hmmm how can I find an excuse to use one...)

• Like 1

Watched this last night and thought about a couple of things. 

Will the loom be wrapped with something to give a more professional look? And the fog lamp is just the normal mini one. I would have thought something better could be done. Also, will it all be stripped down for paint? 

Don't want to upset anyone, just thinking out loud. 

The joke with the Grommet puppet, (as in Wallace and Grommet) was a nod to all the Facebook posts about not using grommets in any of the holes etc. They pointed out repeatedly that this is all just the mock up stage and that all will be coming apart again when it's ready for paint etc.

Be interesting to see exactly what they choose in the end for loom protection. 

8 minutes ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Watched this last night and thought about a couple of things. 

Will the loom be wrapped with something to give a more professional look? And the fog lamp is just the normal mini one. I would have thought something better could be done. Also, will it all be stripped down for paint? 

Don't want to upset anyone, just thinking out loud. 

Must admit I was hoping grommets will be used on edges Maybe they will remove and loom tape it up when everything is working and tested. . I 'hope' the loom is removable after fitting all the lighting plugs etc before painting.

I'm guesing from previous episodes they're probably planning on using all the terminal removal tools they bought.though agreed, it did seem odd to fit come of the connector shells that will obviously need to come off again.

Yes I could not understand why they did not at least tape up the loom where it went through the tubes and openings etc.