Binky, Binky, Binky!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

...but still needed lots of brackets fabricating! ;)

watched over lunch yesterday, another corker of an episode.

• Like 1

That one looks spookily familiar....I did the loom-on-the-floor thing about 2 years back for my project and I'm in the middle of cramming 5 lbs of wire into a 1lb bag right now.

....AND, they are copying AvE's sayings - Tits & Pickles,  and Angry Pixies.

• Like 1

Just now, corsechris said:

AvE

? Another program? Something worth following, too?

8 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

? Another program? Something worth following, too?

Oh yes indeed!! Well, he appeals to me anyway. His language is 'entertaining' and he makes no bones about it, designed to deliberately de-monetise his videos, so be warned :)

Basically a Canadian guy who seems to have years of experience working on 'machinery' and does videos of various flavours, largely tear-downs of popular tools, but also other random oddments.

Just search YouTube for AvE. 

Other stuff that might appeal,

Wintergarten - Scandinavian musician making a marble machine instrument. This is his second one and much more 'engineered' than his first one.

This Old Tony - A North American chap with a pleasant manner making stuff.

Found and subscribed!

5 hours ago, corsechris said:

Oh yes indeed!! Well, he appeals to me anyway. His language is 'entertaining' and he makes no bones about it, designed to deliberately de-monetise his videos, so be warned :)

Basically a Canadian guy who seems to have years of experience working on 'machinery' and does videos of various flavours, largely tear-downs of popular tools, but also other random oddments.

Just search YouTube for AvE. 

Other stuff that might appeal,

Wintergarten - Scandinavian musician making a marble machine instrument. This is his second one and much more 'engineered' than his first one.

This Old Tony - A North American chap with a pleasant manner making stuff.

No wonder your updates on the car are so few and far between watching all that!!!!!! :laugh:

• Haha 2

Watched august episode following the wiper discussion in the build log thread.

Very interesting (slightly overengineed if such a thing exist, maybe ?). I'll watch the rest with interest.

Discovered that marvelous mechanical contraption that is supposed to remove water from the windshield. Spent part of the afternoon evaluating if making such a system would work under the scuttle, or if going the lazy unmechanical "two high torque RC servos wired to an arduino" would be more appropriate to get shaft angle right at the expense of a skippy low speed swipe.

I’m pretty sure that stepper motors can work well for wipers, seen them GT cars.

how many episodes to the finish I wonder!

I think they're full time on it now, anxious to start the next project...

Yep, between the commercial sponsors and the Patreon sponsorship, they’ve been able to go full time, that’s why episodes are coming thick and er, fast, now!

There was a funny comment on Youtube, one guy said he feared he wouldn't live long enough to see it finished, he was 40 and healthy!

I love their way of thinking and how many would have thought watching two men unwrap a wiring loom for 20 minutes would be such good watching.

It makes me want to watch Police Squad again. 

The MG loom would work great in a Westie. Might steal that idea.