Old School Meet Up

Andy - a15cro

This is a bit of a test post.

Just had a meet up with the petrol head guys and girls I used to hang about with back in 1987 to 1990. The area was called the blockyards at Roker sea front. Unfortunately now its houses, so we went along to The Waters Edge, where we used to convoy to, backwards and forwards! Im hoping this may turn into a more regular event as over 20 year is a bit of a gap.

I braved the cold to take the Westie, and uploaded a bit of a test video off my Go Pro when we left the car park to try and show a selection of motors that turned up.

https://youtu.be/vMuEahJjHvw

Wow. That's a blast from the past. The blockyards, waters egde, seaburn with the fountain on the roundabout, where naughty people used to put washing up liquid in and make it rain soap suds.

We used to go every Saturday night, used to have a right laugh.

Were going to have one meet a month just to relive our youth!

Check out the Facebook page for dates to be added. https://www.facebook.com/Blockyards89/?fref=ts

Things have changed somewhat as the blockyards is houses, the grotto is closed and so is the waters edge!