Stoneleigh 2016 General Discusion

Andy Banks

Can only echo what everyone else has already said. Fantastic effort from wscc again.

nice to meet some off here and put some faces to the names.

Great job all round

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for a great time. Good company and a good laugh. The beer and the lamb were a real winner. It would be nice if that was a regular event !! It was a pleasure to volunteer. A big thanks to Andy, Ian and Marcus for organising it all.

See you all again next year, if not before.

Nic and Tom

Can you smell petrol ...........??

• Like 2

Second year at Stoneliegh , and I am amazed how WSCC manages to top the previous year well done to Andy, Ian and Marcus , also to the rest of volunteers and members just willing to hang about and chat, lamb was tremendous kegs went down very well . C u all next year

• Like 1

Two stories from a personal point of view, both from Sunday:

> First thing on Sunday morning, walking to the marquee from my car. Marcus Barlow's sons are flying about on their scooters. The older one says to me, "Are you The Pretzel Man?". *Sigh* Will I never escape my past? Even the children of the members remember those flaming pretzels. I will kill the next person who tries to give me a pretzel.

> Sunday evening, post-AGM. Lamb roast on the go, alcohol being sunk. Lady Chair looks at North Oxfordshire AO Gary Lucas and for some reason I have yet to figure out, decides his overall "good looks" (note quotation marks) means he should be the "face of the club". Gary "Carbon Loopy" Lucas, Hater of Chrome and a gent who has wound me up once or four times. She marches over and tells him this, while he grins at me like a Cheshire Cat. Clearly she thinks MY face isn't suitable - thanks, darling. I don't know if she was genuine, deluded or drunk, but he's now officially The Face of the Club - God help you all.

• Like 1

Clearly she thinks MY face isn't suitable

After the AGM you did refer to yourself as being 'like a Bidet'   :oops:

After the AGM you did refer to yourself as being 'like a Bidet'   :oops:

True.

For those who weren't there, i explained that whenever people ask me what a chairman does, I tell them I'm a bit like a bidet - no one is quite sure what I do, but I add a touch of class to the place. :d

• Like 2

And you're the first to get naughty bits shoved in your face...

Two stories from a personal point of view, both from Sunday:

> First thing on Sunday morning, walking to the marquee from my car. Marcus Barlow's sons are flying about on their scooters. The older one says to me, "Are you The Pretzel Man?". *Sigh* Will I never escape my past? Even the children of the members remember those flaming pretzels. I will kill the next person who tries to give me a pretzel.

> Sunday evening, post-AGM. Lamb roast on the go, alcohol being sunk. Lady Chair looks at North Oxfordshire AO Gary Lucas and for some reason I have yet to figure out, decides his overall "good looks" (note quotation marks) means he should be the "face of the club". Gary "Carbon Loopy" Lucas, Hater of Chrome and a gent who has wound me up once or four times. She marches over and tells him this, while he grins at me like a Cheshire Cat. Clearly she thinks MY face isn't suitable - thanks, darling. I don't know if she was genuine, deluded or drunk, but he's now officially The Face of the Club - God help you all.

Ahh, the Pretzels ;)

Just how many were in that jar again Scott?

As for Sunday evening, I purposeley left this little snippet out of my earlier post in this thread, waiting to see if you would mention it :d

This was an absolute classic moment, and your face was priceless :laugh: , followed by a reaction that any sargeant major would have been proud of - about turn and out of the tent you went, scorched footprints on the grass from the sheer speed of the exit :swear:

It was very funny indeed.

I think lady chair had taken a few wines when she had said this, so I only thought it right to top her glass up a couple more times :)

All good fun as they say :d

• Like 2

So let's not beat about the bush who got photos of the ultima stand then? :0)

• Like 1

There will be a few I'm sure, one here for starters...

There will be a few I'm sure, one here for starters...

© Howdangerous Ltd  :suspect:   :d