[2009] LHD Westfield Sports 2.0 Duratec Fact Build

Dav1d

Hello All,

I'm David, I live in Belgium and since last week I have a Westfield with a 2.0 Ford Duratec engine and KMS ecu.

The car was factory assembled in 2009 and I'm the 2nd owner. The previous owner turned 75 and it became too difficult for him to get in/out of

the car. So he decided to sell it. He now has a Morgan Aero. I think that's an acceptable replacement ;)

The previous owner barely drove it, at the moment the car has 14300km (8886 miles) and always stored it inside. So I can say it's a barely new car.

But at the moment I'm not happy about the Duratec engine: :(  It seems that the car runs much too rich.

I have exactly the same as these guys had, It seems that a few (or most?) Duratecs from around 2009-2011 left the factory without a decent map:

(I'll open a separate topic about that shortly)

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/86191-anyone-with-kms-duratec/

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/75321-duratec-owners/

I added some pictures but I don't like them very much because it was rainy. Will post more and better pictures on a sunny day... hopefully soon.

And hopefully soon also happy about the Duratec  :)

24726105981_4692b1249f_c.jpg

24701723942_f4ee6573f8_c.jpg

24191400094_32bcb8af51_c.jpg

It's nice to know that the UK isn't the only wet country!

Welcome from Essex (well Barcelona tonight!)

Thanks guys!

It's nice to know that the UK isn't the only wet country!

Welcome from Essex (well Barcelona tonight!)

Yeah, Belgium is also a wet country. Last couple of weeks were terrible.

Hi David,

Welcome, whereabout do you live in Belgium? Perhaps I'm not to far away from you, so we can stay in touch... :ww:

Aha nice! I live in Langdorp. Where are you located?

Hi David,

I live in France near the 3 country border (France, Luxembourg, Belgium), so it's not that near I've thought, anyway, perhaps we gonna meet someday...

The weather was better so I could also take better pictures ;)

Note that the previous owner added Scoth tape on places that he thought can easily be damaged. For example you'll see it in front of the wheel arches. On the pictures it looks like the paint is damaged.

The car had to stand in the rain for a while so it's becoming loose. That's good because I plan to remove it anyway. :)

24248461094_26118cbf16_c.jpg

24850333686_1fa33690e7_c.jpg

24876621015_b898a72602_c.jpg

24850370356_6a0ba2bca4_c.jpg

24248473044_cd4061eb20_c.jpg

Hi David,

I live in France near the 3 country border (France, Luxembourg, Belgium), so it's not that near I've thought, anyway, perhaps we gonna meet someday...

I plan to do a lot of road trips so their is a chance we'll meet :)