Chrome Bonnet Locks - unused

Linds

2 chrome locks, 2 latches, & keys

Purchased from Factory, never used.

You will need to source or make your own lugs to secure front of bonnet (normally used in conjunction with bonnet locks). Shouldnt cost more than a few quid.

£18 inc postage.

Lindsay

Hi Studbuckle.

The newer nose cone has a return on it, where the bonnet buts up to it. Cars using locks normally have two forward facing lugs screwed to the lower front of the bonnet return (one each side). These lugs locate inside a hole on each side of the nose cone return, thus securing the front of the bonnet. The rear of the bonnet is secured using the locks. When the bonnet is locked, you have no way of removing the bonnet.

With an early car I doubt you will have the retrun on the nosecone in which to make a hole for the lugs to push into.

The rear of the bonnet has not changed in design as far as i can tell, so the locks should fit, but without using front lugs, you will have to continue the use of external over-centre clips, rendering the locks an ineffective security measure.

PS Its only the locks I have available anyhow.

Linds,

How are your locks attached to the bonnet - with a squared off 'U' shaped spring clip or with a large nut on the inside?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.