Warwickshire Area - Curborough Track Day 2 - 16th September

Steven (WE51STE)

We have had a few people drop out and places have been offered too the reserves.

Due to me fracturing 2 Vertebrae ( and now being immobilised by the doctors ) I won't be able to cook the BBQ lunch this time so you may want to bring your own food for lunch.

I've updated the 1st Post.

Regards,

Steve

As Steve is unable to attend on Friday he has asked me to take over the keys to open and close the circuit etc. which I have agreed to do.

I have also volunteered to bring BBQ and cook food to continue the traditional lunch time repast. Unfortunately I cannot replicate the marinade supplied by Steve and his wife and I will not be bringing the stupidly hot Naga sauce! However, burgers, sausages etc will be the order of the day if that is ok with everyone?

Martyn

Burger etc. All good. Thanks for organising it.

Hi Bunjie,

We have had one more pull out today so the reserve has been offered the place 1st.

I've added you to the reserve list so you never know you might get lucky.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Bunjie,

There has been another pull out this evening.

If you would like a please please contact me.

I've sent you a PM or my contact details are in the magazine.

Regards,

Steve

i saw this on the curbourgh website just incase

IMPORTANT- Road Works Notification
By Curborough Admin on September 6, 2016 in Course

Please note that long term road works affect your access to Curborough Sprint Course until December 2016.

There is NO access from the A38 on the NORTHBOUND carriageway to Fradley Park and Curborough.

PLEASE FOLLOW DIVERSION SIGNS, which will take you up to the next Junction (Alrewas) where you will be re directed to return on the Southbound Carriageway where there is access.

The return to the A38 is NOT affected, but there are traffic lights at the works section.

Please see the link below for full information

https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/transport/staffshighways/roadworks/schemeinfo/lichfield/Hilliards-Cross.aspx

• Like 1

i saw this on the curbourgh website just incase

IMPORTANT- Road Works Notification
By Curborough Admin on September 6, 2016 in Course

Please note that long term road works affect your access to Curborough Sprint Course until December 2016.

There is NO access from the A38 on the NORTHBOUND carriageway to Fradley Park and Curborough.

PLEASE FOLLOW DIVERSION SIGNS, which will take you up to the next Junction (Alrewas) where you will be re directed to return on the Southbound Carriageway where there is access.

The return to the A38 is NOT affected, but there are traffic lights at the works section.

Please see the link below for full information

https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/transport/staffshighways/roadworks/schemeinfo/lichfield/Hilliards-Cross.aspx

Thanks Ben for posting this message about the road works. I will add that there are long term road works on the southbound side which means that you cannot go into Lichfield at the first junction either when leaving Curborough.

Other reminders for the day are that the BBQ is on together with somosas etc (thanks Shinda) so food sorted. However, you will need to bring your own drinks to keep hydrated.

I now have the full list of attendees and all outstanding monies that need to be paid on the day. If you need to know what you owe please PM me and if possible it would be good if you could bring the correct amount as I may not have sufficient change available.

General information.

I will be opening the gates around 9.00am

Track opens at 10am

Lunch will be 1 until 2pm

Track close/gates locked 5pm

Any other question please PM me

Martyn

• Like 1

Thanks again for an excellent day. Good to see some new faces.

Matt joined us to watch, but had a few passenger trips He's fixing  up a narrow body that his dad built,  then sold 25 years ago..found it on ebay for sale after it had been stored for 12 years. (Matt, PM me I have some bike carbs that may be of use to you)

pictures are  here  link

If you want a higher resolution image PM me

DSC_6062_zpspxleanbb.jpg

DSC_6013_zpsw4sxndix.jpg

DSC_5963_zps3drjc7i7.jpg

DSC_5959_zpsqdpc5bbs.jpg

I now will not need to eat for a week..somosa, burgers, sausage, pork steaks, apple pie.  ...and a magic plate that was never empty.   Great food thanks