"The new guy" from Germany

pat...

Hi guys,

My name is Patrick and i live in the southern part of Germany; somewhere near Stuttgart.

Since my wife bought a Westfield SEiW with a ZETEC w/ R1 carbs, i do have to take care of the car.

I am working on cars for hobby purposes only, but i love cars ;)

Here´s a pic of her Westfield and my Opel Rekord Coupe from 1969:

aufuzd2t.jpg

v9pzdoau.jpg

Unfortunately, the seal of the transmission input shaft is damaged, so i have to pull the whole engine and transmission out of the car. I will start with this project within the next weeks.

P.S. Please excuse my bad english, i learned it in school, but this was maaaaaaaany years ago ;) ;)

:ww: Guten tag Patrick and you have no need to excuse your English, it's very good!

Thank you guys :)

I already have one question, since i usualy do not work on FORD engines: where do i find the engine code of the engine?

Here are some more pics from my wife´s car:

xpkatclh.jpg

snfiuwny.jpg

gd64xf73.jpg

p2lrzn23.jpg

Edited by pat...

Hello.  Is that a Westfield?  Looks a bit different in the photos.

• Like 1

Hi Patrick

Welcome - here's where you will find the engine number:

a326642-re%20b.JPG

Induction side near the clutch bell-housing.

Chris

Welcome.

I too am a bit puzzled about the identity based on those photos. Good looking car...but doesn't look like a Westfield to my admittedly inexpert eye. Nose looks Caterham or LoCost (bulges to the sides) and those upper wishbone mounts look nothing like I have ever seen on a Westy, same goes for the upper damper mounting too. Some 'missing' chassis tubes, scuttle shape, dash....

Absolutely not having a pop, it just doesn't look like what I am familiar with.

Other views?

I think its an MK Indy myself. 

(Looks nice though)

Welcome! That Opel is gorgeous! Absolutely stunning.

Have to agree with the others on the identity of the kit car though, the chassis is defo not a Westfield and the body is different too. Makes no difference to your membership here though, we welcome one and all!

• Like 1

Quick google and I'd agree that it's an MK Indy, and a lovely one too!

Hah, said I didn't know what I was looking at.

Nice looking car for sure, and your schoolboy English is way better than my schoolboy German!

Hallo Pat, and welcome! :)

Your cars look great! Yes, the others are correct - your wife's Seven is an MK Indy, but don't let that stop you posting on this forum! We're a friendly bunch and always willing to help others :t-up: If any of your questions are bodywork/chassis/suspension/etc related then I think there are MK specific forums too that might offer more accurate help on those :)

Mine Zetec was supplied as a crated engine and it didn't have a number stamped on it from Ford, Westfield stamped the number by the bell housing as indicated on Chris' earlier post.