Stone chip arch protectors for extra wide arches

MWMSport

You could always use 1mm rubber sheet. Cuts easy, bends fabulous, sticks on with pu adhesive. Won't degrade and is very durable. It will also polish with autoglym etc.. Cheap too. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

• Chris King - Webmaster

• Brad Stone

• Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO

Popular Posts

@BigSkyBrad @Brad Stone I have asked the FB Carbon Wizard to give details and prices and which models he is doing them for - the door sill protectors are nice too!  

Mine are SDV Extra wide, and they are around 275mm.    I saw however, there is a bloke on the Westfield Facebook page making and selling these arches which look like they will fit yours give

I live in Milton Keynes and need to go and see Mark about some other body work issues. I have a wide body with extra wide arches also. I will drop in on him next week (assuming he  is back) and m

Posted Images

Rory's Dad

I still get "stuck" with this. Why protect your arches with expensive carbon! 

Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO

It's a very good point. In truth it's because we like the way they look.

If you want to protect your arches from stone damage then use something cheap and sacrificial.

If you want light weight don't add arch protectors, not even carbon ones.

• Like 1
Chris King - Webmaster
2 hours ago, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

like the way they look.

Yup 

I've just taken 2 off that are beyond repair... Totally pebble dash blasted... Bin... Going to get some PGF installed 

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

The easy solution is clear film over the top of the carbon trim pieces, it works really well, if you just want protection with out the carbon look, just put the clear film on directly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

The easy solution is clear film over the top of the carbon trim pieces, it works really well, if you just want protection with out the carbon look, just put the clear film on directly.

It's called PGF paint guard film or variation on it... Can be good stuff if properly applied BEFORE it gets chipped as a damaged surface makes it difficult to apply and stay on at the edges. If it does lift you can use clear nail varnish type stuff to hold it down maybe? 

BigSkyBrad
On 19/01/2020 at 09:41, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

Standard detachable arches (wide body) are 245mm wide.

My pretend-carbonfibre plastic protectors are looking doggy and I don't agree with how they have been attached, so thought I'd replace them with real carbon as long as I can bond them on to cover the holes of the myriad of bolts, rivets and stud fasteners currently doing the job. Also, bonding would stop the wee stones and sand that is already behind the protectors. However, I've just measured mine and they are 235mm?! Have I measured in the wrong place (at the top) or are my fenders (ZEi) different again?

• 2 months later...
Brad Stone
On 26/01/2020 at 12:29, BigSkyBrad said:

My pretend-carbonfibre plastic protectors are looking doggy and I don't agree with how they have been attached, so thought I'd replace them with real carbon as long as I can bond them on to cover the holes of the myriad of bolts, rivets and stud fasteners currently doing the job. Also, bonding would stop the wee stones and sand that is already behind the protectors. However, I've just measured mine and they are 235mm?! Have I measured in the wrong place (at the top) or are my fenders (ZEi) different again?

Mine are SDV Extra wide, and they are around 275mm. 

I saw however, there is a bloke on the Westfield Facebook page making and selling these arches which look like they will fit yours given the measurement above:

image.png.ebd4252600e85546e383b9ba95d85c9c.pngimage.png.0f47814e8ce3c5f3f42fbe1e3b450b66.png

Regards, 

Brads

• Like 3
BigSkyBrad
16 hours ago, Brad Stone said:

I saw however, there is a bloke on the Westfield Facebook page making and selling these arches which look like they will fit yours

Tis my misfortune that I do not share an ale with this 'Facebook' - pray tell, who is the wizard of the invincible black armour they call 'Carbon'?

(a lute plays in the background)

• Haha 1
Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO

@BigSkyBrad @Brad Stone I have asked the FB Carbon Wizard to give details and prices and which models he is doing them for - the door sill protectors are nice too!

• Like 3
  • 6 months later...
Chris King - Webmaster
7 hours ago, Jackv4 said:

Did anything ever come of these ex wide arch protectors (ZK) ??

Don’t think so. But I do have a set hanging from the roof of my garage still attached to the red arches. 

Been thinking of selling...

• Haha 1