Stone chip arch protectors for extra wide arches

MWMSport

I'm after some stone guards for my SEIW with extra wide arches.

Westfield don't seem to list them and carbon mods don't make them any more. Any ideas?

Mike

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

• Chris King - Webmaster

• Brad Stone

• Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO

Popular Posts

@BigSkyBrad @Brad Stone I have asked the FB Carbon Wizard to give details and prices and which models he is doing them for - the door sill protectors are nice too!  

Mine are SDV Extra wide, and they are around 275mm.    I saw however, there is a bloke on the Westfield Facebook page making and selling these arches which look like they will fit yours give

I live in Milton Keynes and need to go and see Mark about some other body work issues. I have a wide body with extra wide arches also. I will drop in on him next week (assuming he  is back) and m

Posted Images

Chris King - Webmaster

They don't exist AFAIK - I'd like some too though if they do materialise!

• 3 years later...
Brad Stone

Hi all, 

I am looking to re-ignite this thread... 

Has anyone managed to find an option that will fit the extra wide arches? 

Thanks, 

B

TableLeg

Not to my knowledge no. I too have the extra wide arches.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Nope, I have them too, am expecting to have to go down the paint protection film route, but would love a set of the Carbon NV style.

• Like 1
Kit Car Electronics

If anyone fancied a trip to Milton Keynes then maybe Mark could be persuaded to make some sets? @carbon-nv

• Like 1
Alfascozzesi

Mark sent me some seconds so from two seconds (one for the lip of the arch and one for the inner bodywork radius for each side). This meant I could cut and shut one arch from each pair.

Much to my shame I have still not done this yet but after New Year.

Rush Motorsport
2 hours ago, Brad Stone said:

It seems there would definitely be a demand for these in a small batch - @carbon-nv Mark what do you think? :)

Cheers, 

Brads

I don't think Mark is a member / sponsor any more ,so you'd need to contact him via other channels...

4 hours ago, Archibald Jinglepants said:

I don't think Mark is a member / sponsor any more ,so you'd need to contact him via other channels...

Indeed, I knew I’d not seen him about on here for a bit, but is actually fourteen months or so since Mark last posted. His membership lapsed quite a while ago. :down:

Steve (sdh2903)

Last time I spoke with mark he did say he needed to get his membership sorted. He always seems to be snowed under as well.

31 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Last time I spoke with mark he did say he needed to get his membership sorted. He always seems to be snowed under as well.

Thats a relief! (Not the membership bit, per se), but that he's still interested in the Westfield type product. It does seem to be one of those fields, carbon, for our style cars, that people get really into producing for a few years or so, then move on. I was really hoping that wasn't the case, here.

• Like 1
Steve (sdh2903)

Just a thought. I know it's not the clubs job to chase sorn members but couldn't someone who deals with the trade members maybe drop mark an email and try and persuade him back into the fold so to speak? 

As @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary says we aren't exactly flush with choice with carbon suppliers and would be nice to have him back in the club.

Brad Stone
14 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Just a thought. I know it's not the clubs job to chase sorn members but couldn't someone who deals with the trade members maybe drop mark an email and try and persuade him back into the fold so to speak? 

As @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary says we aren't exactly flush with choice with carbon suppliers and would be nice to have him back in the club.

This would be incredibly useful Steve.