New seats...

petzzii

Hi everyone,

First of all, happy new year for every member,

I have the original Westfield vinyl seats in my car, and I want to have some advise if there are better (more confortable) seats for a Seiw?

Regards

Patrick

I see you are in Germany so not easy to try seats but always best if you can.

The factory offer three main types of seat.  The race shells (covered and uncovered) the padded squab seat and the sport turbo.

There are also plenty of options from other suppliers depending on budget and requirements.

The main ones are JK and Tillett

David

I have Tillet B6 in mine (also a seiw) and would highly recommend them. Not the cheapest but worth it in my opinion

No problem shipping outside the UK.

Message me if you want a quote for Tillett B6.

Regards

David

Another happy JK owner. Super comfy even though they appear not to be. Spent a whole day and more in them without any problems.

I have Tillett seats, B6 on drivers side and a little bigger B5 on passenger side. Both are very comfortable.

Definitely...

Tillet - Dave will give excellent support and advice. Would have been my first choice.

OR

JKs if budget more of a concern. Jordan equally helpful. I have been very pleased with mine too.

If you can't find any to try out near to you.

Come over for Stoneleigh Kit Car Show or the Silverstone Classic, where there will be plenty of owners willing to give you in seat experiences! :)

• Like 2

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, I see the JK's seems to be the most popular, hard to believe that they will be more confortable like the padded original seats.

After an hour or so in my seats, my back hurts... the original seats look confortable, but they aren't....  :(

I will send a mail to JK to see....

jks do look uncomfortable ive only just got mine and eveyone who looks at them says they look uncomfortable until they sit in them and then its a different story.

• Like 1

Depending upon what you are after there are also the Sport Turbo seats available from Westfield. These are also very comfortable, they are heavier than the shell seats though but may be the equivalent direct replacement to the ones you have. 

I have really comfortable seats in my day to day car but my JK seats are really comfortable. I am fat and overweight but I regularly drive 200 to 300 miles on a day out in my Westfield and I have no discomfort whatsoever.

Well worth the money. Don't forget to buy the carbon fibre tops.

my jk's are much more comfortable than the Westfield padded seats I had before (they really gave me back ache due to the bar that you could feel across your lower back)

I would opt for the pads they do but I would suggest that you ask them to supply them not glued in so that you can perhaps velcro them in - better for cleaning or if you get caught out in the rain.

Tillets are the dogs wotsits and worth every penny if you want the ultimate