Headlight wiring

Tim Essex
Go to solution Solved by SootySport,

Tim Essex

I'm changing my 5 3/4 inch headlamps for a pair of 4 inch ones I bought from Car Builder Solutions. Surprisingly no wiring diagram in box so was hoping that someone would be able to help me. 

I understand the standard wiring for the old lights is:

Blue/white is main beam

Blue/red is dip beam

Red is side lights

Black is earth

The new lights have green, white and blue which seems to go to the back of the light and black and brown to the front.

Thanks in advance

Tim  :db-westy:  :db-westy:  :db-westy:  ???

• Solution
SootySport

Tim, it's only 3 wires on the main plug. chassis/high beam/lowbeam.    Two thin wires for the sidelight of which the chassis -ve.connection is usually strapped the the main -ve black wire in the main plug.   You can even pop out the 3 main connectors from the moulded plug and swap around as necessary.  

• Like 1
Tim Essex

TL and SS - many thanks for your replies. Sorted. For anyone else looking to replace their lights for a set of 4" lights from Car Builder Solutions here's the wiring

Existing

Black - Earth

Red - Side

Blue/pink - Main

Blue/White - Dip

New

Black - Earth

Green - Earth

Brown - Side

White - Main

Blue - Dip

Thanks again.