Happy 30th Anniversary, WSCC!

Captain Colonial

That is fantastic news! Well done Scott and anyone else involved in organising this.

I don't suppose there is a cat in hell's chance of my XI being ready by then, and I don't have my sprint car anymore, so if anyone has a car with an empty passenger seat, I'd love to fill it!!

I might try and persuade the chap who bought my sprint car to let me drive it round the circuit.

• Like 1

Stephen, I really hope you can get your XI at least drivable enough to do the parade laps - you can always trailer it down without an IVA. CompSec Nick is going to get his XI done and using the parade lap as an incentive. I'd really like all XIs possible flying in group formation if we can.

I have owned my pre-lit for 17 years this month is there many owners who have owned there cars for long time? Hope I am free on the Silverstone dates will have to check when I get back to work cheers. 

Is the parade lap going to be in age order, or just the pre-lots then a free for all?

Is the parade lap going to be in age order, or just the pre-lots then a free for all?

Under consideration at the moment. In an ideal world, in age order. In the real world, with loads of owners excited about getting out on the track and about as controllable as a basketful of coffee-drinking kittens, the idea of putting them in some semblance of order is a bit daunting.

We could do:

Pre-lits

Narrows

XIs

Wides

but there will be plenty who wouldn't like that at all!

Or sorted by colour - again, pretty but difficult and potentially pretty unpopular.

I think we will probably start a list of attendees and make a decision closer to the day based on what cars we know are coming. But we're open to suggestions on how to sort them behind the pre-lits.

Pre-lits

Narrows

XIs

Wides

That would be good in terms of publicising the brand.  You could add racers between the pre-lits and the narrows.  After all, this is at Silverstone...

WSCC 30 years old this year.

Heritage, We have it! :yes:

Jen

Congratulations to the WSCC on this wonderful achievement. .. don't suppose we'll be seeing special 30th Anniversary memorabilia will we? ;) Some nice sporty racing themed stickers and the like! :)

Happy New Year to everyone, hope it's going to be a great year.

Stephen, don;t forget the XI won't need to be road registered  :d  :d  :d  :d  although of course it would be good if it was.

Congratulations to the WSCC on this wonderful achievement. .. don't suppose we'll be seeing special 30th Anniversary memorabilia will we? ;) Some nice sporty racing themed stickers and the like! :)

The others on the committee considered marketing a dartboard with my face on it, but didn't want to scare women and children.

The others on the committee considered marketing a dartboard with my face on it, but didn't want to scare women and children.

Pity, they'd have sold loads!!
  • Like 1

I hope Chris Smith can attend in some way.

Don't forget FW and XTR cars if you are grouping by type

• Like 1

Congrats on the 30th Anniversary and planned celebrations

I go to the Silverstone classic on a regular basis as a guest of the BMW owners club

They do a great job in the display area of dividing the different models in to their own groups which promotes great spirit and some well meaning banter!

Perhaps we could do something similar and that would also help to form similar order/groups for the parade lap

We should respect all types of Westfield's and there uses including Race Series and the Speed Series.

I have some contacts at the BMW UK Owners Club if you need any info on the wrinkles of this event to make everything go "cushtie"

I hope this helps

Graham aka Glutey